Barred Holland breed of chickens

Pics
I have a trio of Barred Hollands. I got them from Sandhill Preservation this past spring. Will be hatching as many as I can this coming spring. I hope to have extra eggs to sell. I am located in Leon WV 25123

I am looking for another rooster if anyone has a spare. I have Todd Christopher's birds, Gracie Mae birds and also a few Sandhill. I am up to about 25 hens, but I am not pleased with the rooster. Please message me.

Hi all, I'm interested in getting some Barred Holland's and contributing to maintaining the breed. I've read through this thread and would prefer to get something from one of the breeders here than to start with one of the hatcheries.
Is anyone planning to have eggs available this spring?
Anyone in California?

I too was planning on doing Barred hollands here in CA but the eggs trip across country has not turned out too well. I have one female who is now almost 2 years old but I dont have a rooster.
Ive considered ordering some from Ideal but the timing has not worked out for me. I am very interested in maintaining and improving this breed. The one girl I have went broody last year and was a great mom to the foster chicks I gave her. Id love to have more of her.

It doesn't seem people have much luck shipping eggs.
I was hoping someone from the west coast would jump in. This thread doesn't see much activity lately?
Timing doesn't matter much to me, although April would be preferred.
Caychris-- looks like I'm about two hours east of you on Hwy4. I'm pretty set on some hollands and will probably make an order with Ideal if I don't locate another source. I might be willing to share or we could help each other out later on.

It doesn't seem people have much luck shipping eggs.
I was hoping someone from the west coast would jump in. This thread doesn't see much activity lately?
Timing doesn't matter much to me, although April would be preferred.
Caychris-- looks like I'm about two hours east of you on Hwy4. I'm pretty set on some hollands and will probably make an order with Ideal if I don't locate another source. I might be willing to share or we could help each other out later on.
Absolutely Id love to work on these with someone

Back
Top Bottom