Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams

Hi Nate88,
If you lived near me I'd be glad to let you have as many as you wanted. I got a yard full. I sold about 20 hens this year and was begging people to take all the roosters for free. I cleaned about 10 or 12 and put them in the freezer. Fat little boogers they are! I live in East Texas near Lake Fork. I got these several years ago and boy are they pretty. Each hen lays well over 200 eggs a year, nearly every day or every other day during the 9 month laying season. I hatched about a hundred last year and kept over a dozen. I put them on Craig's list a month ago and sold 20 in less than an hour. Got around 15 emails just that evening. I could send some eggs if you have an Incubator? Once they hatch the hens start laying in 5 to 6 months. That's the best way to have clean healthy chickens of your own. Let me know? I honestly think the Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams are the best, and surely the sweetest!
Ira

Any one have bantam barred rocks near Knoxville Tenn. I need a rooster bad also would take few hens.I have 5 small BB bantam hens and 3 rosters I'd trade for just a roster and a hen

The only problem with her is that she seems to have a sort of cushion and has black flecks on her legs... I haven't the slightest idea how to breed that out of my strain:idunno
to be honest I have some and there great. None of mine had that on legs. Idk for sure but my opinion is that may be they might not be pure barred rock bantam. Not sure though. Nice bird though

Hi Nate88,
If you lived near me I'd be glad to let you have as many as you wanted. I got a yard full. I sold about 20 hens this year and was begging people to take all the roosters for free. I cleaned about 10 or 12 and put them in the freezer. Fat little boogers they are! I live in East Texas near Lake Fork. I got these several years ago and boy are they pretty. Each hen lays well over 200 eggs a year, nearly every day or every other day during the 9 month laying season. I hatched about a hundred last year and kept over a dozen. I put them on Craig's list a month ago and sold 20 in less than an hour. Got around 15 emails just that evening. I could send some eggs if you have an Incubator? Once they hatch the hens start laying in 5 to 6 months. That's the best way to have clean healthy chickens of your own. Let me know? I honestly think the Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams are the best, and surely the sweetest!
Ira

Back
Top Bottom