Barred Rock / Dominiques Controversy (Rant)

Quote:
Or Ameracaunas!
tongue.png
Besides Easter Eggers is easier to spell! (I'm not sure if I spelled Amer. right) Oh well
smile.png

I get the barred rock/dominique thing all the time - I just smile and say thank you (when they say they like my dominikers)

I figure A) they are wanting to buy them so why should I offend them right off by arguing about what type of chicken it is - although when I mention the birds in the subsequent conversation I do call them Barred Rocks, it's up to them to catch the subtle hint, though.
or B) they are just admiring my chickens, and I can be graceful and say Thank You without a lecture on breeds.

Either way, whether they know it is a Barred Rock or a Dominique or an Emu, it's no skin off my butt - so I don't get my panties in a twist over it.

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

I get the barred rock/dominique thing all the time - I just smile and say thank you (when they say they like my dominikers)

I figure A) they are wanting to buy them so why should I offend them right off by arguing about what type of chicken it is - although when I mention the birds in the subsequent conversation I do call them Barred Rocks, it's up to them to catch the subtle hint, though.
or B) they are just admiring my chickens, and I can be graceful and say Thank You without a lecture on breeds.

Either way, whether they know it is a Barred Rock or a Dominique or an Emu, it's no skin off my butt - so I don't get my panties in a twist over it.

meri

Yeah, I also do the little subtle hint thing also in reference of either Dominiques or BRs when people call them "domineckers".

And Kooshie I think what bio was referring to with the Marans is that barredrocksrock said: that Dominiques had white legs in the comparison to Barred Rocks in the very first post.

Cuckoo Marans have white shanks and Dominiques and Barred Rocks both have yellow shanks.

catdaddy​

Last edited:
At our fair nearly every Dom was a Barred Rock and one Barred Rock was a Dom..poor judges
roll.png
myself I don't know why people have such a hard time telling the difference..we love our Rocks in all the colors they can keep the Dom's in my opinion. I also have Ameraucana's and Easter Eggers still trying to get some Araucana's and any mis-spellings are cold med related I DO know the difference between them
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom