Barred rock gender

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
welcome-byc.gif

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators
sad.png

But, it's early and I'm not positive. How old is the bird now? I'd say post again in maybe 3 weeks and we should have a definitive answer by then.

mymilliefleur

Keeper of the Flock
7 Years
Nov 4, 2014
East Tennessee.
welcome-byc.gif

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators
sad.png

But, it's early and I'm not positive. How old is the bird now? I'd say post again in maybe 3 weeks and we should have a definitive answer by then.

X2.

Michael OShay

Crowing
5 Years
May 14, 2014
Montana
welcome-byc.gif

sad.png

I agree. :eek:(

Madisan

Songster
Jun 5, 2015
Florida
I'm leaning towards roo just because of the solid white line. If the pattern looks more speckled than barred in a couple weeks then you have a pullet. If it starts to look like its white with black lines you have a cockerel.

shortgrass

Crowing
Mar 14, 2015
Northern Colorado
:welcome

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators :(

I agree it looks cockerel... It IS early, but wow those are some long cockerel looking legs and big ol boy feet too....

Top Bottom