Barred rock gender

welcome-byc.gif

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators
sad.png

But, it's early and I'm not positive. How old is the bird now? I'd say post again in maybe 3 weeks and we should have a definitive answer by then.

welcome-byc.gif

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators
sad.png

But, it's early and I'm not positive. How old is the bird now? I'd say post again in maybe 3 weeks and we should have a definitive answer by then.

X2.

welcome-byc.gif

sad.png

I agree. :eek:(

I'm leaning towards roo just because of the solid white line. If the pattern looks more speckled than barred in a couple weeks then you have a pullet. If it starts to look like its white with black lines you have a cockerel.

:welcome

sorry, but I'm leaning toward cockerel. That's a wide band of white on the wings, and the legs look solid yellow, not dark down the front. Those are male indicators :(

I agree it looks cockerel... It IS early, but wow those are some long cockerel looking legs and big ol boy feet too....

Back
Top Bottom