Barred Rock HEN (I hope)

Quote:
Oh ok I didn't know that....I just got some more BR someone didn't want their Packing Peanuts which was roos so I got two finally both clear no marking down the leg but skin color legs. My Pullet who was confusing me has yellow looking legs ( just changed ) now she is getting older she is looking different every day, but her sister has skin color but they look the same in feather color and comb I had those two since they was a few weeks old.

Last edited:
Hi y'all,
I thought I post an update with a picture.
Lady Jane Frizzy Pants will have to be renamed to Lord Jim Frizzy Pants. I think he will turn out to be a very handsome roo. He certainly is different looking. He has some very light patches on shoulders and wings and some black feather in the tail with that shinny green look. Unfortunately I will have to find him a new home. I have way too many roos at the moment.
I'm going to ask around and see if anyone wants him. If anyone in NE Alabama would like something different to add to their flock, let me know ASAP.
And thanks to everyone who offered help with their oppinions on my mystery chick.

59584_br_cross.jpg

I think she's a pullet and her comb & face is red because she's getting closer to laying! I have two 14 wk. old BR Pullets and they look like yours.

Cynthia, you shouldn't gloat.

Yes, I am very aware that it is not a pure anything. I knew it wasn't pure when I bought him, I just hought it was a her instead. Live and learn. At least it wasn't really a costly lesson. His tail is curved and his hackles are pointy. I don't think there is any hope left that it is a girl. I may see if my Dad in SC would like to ahve him. I would love to see what he looks like when he matures, but I know my Dad doesn't need another roo running around (Neither do I) but at least he has lots more room than my little backyard flock.

Back
Top Bottom