Barred Rock or Buff Orpingtons which one

Linda91722

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
California
I have four RIR that are about 9 months now and I was planning on adding two more lovely ladies, but I was wondering which one of these two would be best to add to the flock. (I loved both chickies I saw) the BR or BO
big_smile.png

My Barred Rock is my favorite but I have always heard the Buff Orpingtons are so sweet. That's a tough one. I couldn't get BO at my feedstore but I really wanted some.

My BR come running full tilt when they see me, have a noise just for me (hubby and kids not so much) and they love to leap into my lap and be petted. I never owned anything else, but I'm sold on these sweet things. My neighbor's RIR are curious, but not interested in being very social- could just be the way they were raised.

I say BR!

Ok, that is it I am going to buy one of each
big_smile.png
I fell in love with the little chickies they were so cute Thanks everyone.

When got mix beause I could not decide...we got 2 buff orps because we had heard how sweet they were and got 2 barred rocks for their egg production. But as it turns out, our BRs are much friendlier then the orps and come running when we go out. They are the only ones who will sit on our laps for any amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom