BARRED ROCK or DOMINIQUE???

All4Eggz

Jesus Loves You🌵
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
So this lady came to buy some hatching eggs from my mixed flock. She then asked if she could take one of our barred rock hens, so I said sure.

She went home, then texted me saying (in my own words)
" I think the hen that I have is actually a dominique... "

She then went on to explain why she thinks it's a dominique instead of a barred rock. She said it was because the comb was kind of flat, and it had 6 spikes instead of 5 or something like that. I was like 99.99% positive my hen was a barred rock, but now I'm not so positive :)

She also mentioned the egg color was lighter brown and she claimed barred rocks lay much darker.

I'm pretty sure dominiques have rose combs, but my barred rocks ( I have 4 left, because I gave her one ) all have single combs.
So is it possible for a dominique to have a single comb? Is this a dominique? ::

1631652186800.png

So this lady came to buy some hatching eggs from my mixed flock. She then asked if she could take one of our barred rock hens, so I said sure.

She went home, then texted me saying (in my own words)
" I think the hen that I have is actually a dominique... "

She then went on to explain why she thinks it's a dominique instead of a barred rock. She said it was because the comb was kind of flat, and it had 6 spikes instead of 5 or something like that. I was like 99.99% positive my hen was a barred rock, but now I'm not so positive :)

She also mentioned the egg color was lighter brown and she claimed barred rocks lay much darker.

I'm pretty sure dominiques have rose combs, but my barred rocks ( I have 4 left, because I gave her one ) all have single combs.
So is it possible for a dominique to have a single comb? Is this a dominique? ::

View attachment 2833381
Yeah, I’ve got some BRs that look just like that so I agree with @nuthatched

Back
Top Bottom