Barred rock or?

Pkghost

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2023
Indiana
I got these 2 from rural king, both were labeled as barred rock but seem quite different. The one on the right is a bit smaller, lighter colored, and of course feather legged. The sign on their tank had Ameraucana crossed out and barred rock written below so I sont know if they shipped mislabeled and they just guessed or what. Any idea if the one is even BR or what the other could be??? Thanks!

I got these 2 from rural king, both were labeled as barred rock but seem quite different. The one on the right is a bit smaller, lighter colored, and of course feather legged. The sign on their tank had Ameraucana crossed out and barred rock written below so I sont know if they shipped mislabeled and they just guessed or what. Any idea if the one is even BR or what the other could be??? Thanks!
There’s no picture

Oops!!
Too early! 9182D9BD-FBAC-44E5-9353-C9E0D69A14A8.jpeg A34AA88C-3792-4A55-880F-D8A0A7716D99.jpeg 39365199-676B-4E71-92B7-9DAD628E9B0A.jpeg

P.S. I think cochins also have yellow legs? Olive eggers would be a mix, but likely a greenish or grayish color if they have araucana in their ancestry like ameraucanas and most easter eggers do. And if they have legbar as their blue-egg ancester, likely they would have yellow legs.

So basically white legs may be a giveaway that they are cuckoo marans. I loved mine - medium/dark brown eggs, decent personality (quiet, pretty friendly), and they are feather sexable at birth so accidental cockerels arent an issue.

I would say the one on the left has yellow with some dark coloration on the front of the legs, then the questioned one on the right has yellow/pinkish with the fuzz.

I would say the one on the left has yellow with some dark coloration on the front of the legs, then the questioned one on the right has yellow/pinkish with the fuzz.
It was hard to tell in the photos. Let me find a pic when my cuckoo marans were young with their legs…I had the clean legged variety fyi.
591F3C31-5E83-43F8-BFCE-BED1EFD99041.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom