Barred Rock Pullet or Cockerel? I might have to trade this one in if it's the latter

ZenHens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012

This is my little Barred Rock named Cacciatore.

"She" is more developed waddle and has a pinker comb than my other Barred Rock. She seems to sit more upright. Yesterday, I swear I heard a very tiny, adolescent "chirp-a-chirp-a-chirp!" I thought I hallucinated it. Same cadence as a cockle-doodle-dooo.

Here's a photo. Not the greatest, but wrangling four of these critters for the camera is hard, lol.

Thanks for the feedback. This one also has different tail feathers from the others. Like an inverted V. Is that characteristic? This is our first experience with chickens. Our Delawares seem like little pullets, but this one has made me suspicious from the beginning.

The breeder has a trade-in policy since our towns don't allow roosters, so I'll feel sad turning him in not knowing what will become of him. Too bad we can't de-cockledoodledoo them.

BTW, he is five weeks old if that helps, but it looks unaminous Bummer. I emailed the guy and we're probably going to swap him this weekend. I'm glad he does a guarantee, but this was my favorite. Alas. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom