Barred Rock...Pullet or Cockerel?

Lol, what an odd ball of a bird. I'm eager to see it grown up and I'll definitly post more pictures in the futur. I've looked at it's chest again this morning, it almost looks laced (the middle of the feather is white, and the outer edged is lined black). The feathers are so small it's hard to tell. I can see that's their no barring or lines in the pattern like the rest of my Barred Rock.

So here's some updated photos of 'Blackie'. What do you guys think now?
Both his middle toe have no nail? What could of happen to him?

His back used to be all black, now, as you can see, white accents. Sooo curious to see what this bird will look like in a few weeks!

Pretty!

I'm curious how he will look too!
caf.gif

Here's an updated photo of ''Blackie'', who now is 6 weeks old, since the chick has a sinlge comb, so from what I read it would mean it's not a EE? The white and black pattern on his-her chest has spread all around it's neck like a necklace. The comb is not pink yet and the legs are smaller then my Barred Rock rooster so I'm still hoping it's a hen...but I won't hold my breath.

Any guesses to what we have here? We're hoping it's a hen so we can have her around for a couple of years
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom