Barred Rock, pullets or rooster?

For most people...it is had to find decent homes for male chickens. No one was/is trying to be ugly.
I really hope I can find good homes for them 🙏 They are all very sweet ❤️
I don’t think someone was trying to be ugly to me with the “stew pot special” comment.
I’m just very sad right now… 😔
I hope I have more luck with my next chickens 🙏

The guy who helped me at the store had obviously no idea what he is doing and I didn’t had the experience to see that right away…
So, I realized too late I did a big mistake that day…
I don’t have a good answer for you but I think I have to blame my self… I just didn’t know better…😔
It's ok. No one is blaming you
We are trying to help you learn.

She was asking if the sign on the cage at the feed store advertised them being females or mixed...males and females.

I recommend welsummers, they are autosexing. Just choose ones with a salmon colored chest. I was lucky enough to get the last batch of chicks from the feed store, so they were much older (6 weeks). So it guarenteed the gender. Hope you find good homes for these boys ❤️
That’s a good idea! And some cream legbars too!😂 Cream legbars lay blue eggs and welsummers lay pretty dark eggs too! Here is my cream legbar Henri (Henrietta)!😁
E4F9F788-904B-4E80-BF63-4C74024427D9.jpeg
Here’s what her eggs look like!😁
1A2B2CC8-AC1E-47BE-84AE-A51515B1E7D2.jpeg

I really hope I can find good homes for them 🙏 They are all very sweet ❤️
I don’t think someone was trying to be ugly to me with the “stew pot special” comment.
I’m just very sad right now… 😔
I hope I have more luck with my next chickens 🙏
Where did you buy these from?

Back
Top Bottom