Barred Rock, pullets or rooster?

Yeah they look like my barred cockerel (Junior) looked like at 1 month! I would say just keep watching for hackle and saddle feathers!😉 Because (rarely) sometimes fast developing girls can be mistaken as cockerels! If you need somewhere to sell them (in the future) you could try Craigslist and make sure the buyers aren’t planning on eating them by asking lots of questions!😉 We have gotten rid of many roosters this way!😁
E371D7D3-D47C-4670-B31B-8647B789A9E3.jpeg

I really hope I can find good homes for them 🙏 They are all very sweet ❤️
I don’t think someone was trying to be ugly to me with the “stew pot special” comment.
I’m just very sad right now… 😔
I hope I have more luck with my next chickens 🙏
I recommend welsummers, they are autosexing. Just choose ones with a salmon colored chest. I was lucky enough to get the last batch of chicks from the feed store, so they were much older (6 weeks). So it guarenteed the gender. Hope you find good homes for these boys ❤️

Thank you! I’m really sad about it, because they are so sweet and I love them…😔
Someone made a comment and wrote “stew pot special” This is not funny to me at all 😔
I'm sincerely sorry, I didn't intend to be cruel or funny, please forgive me.
Unfortunately, it is the most realistic answer most people have to use, most people can't have roos and those that can, only need one or two, trying to give them away, depending on your area, means they'll probably be a dinner or used for fighting.

Unfortunately, it is the most realistic answer most people have to use, most people can't have roos and those that can, only need one or two, trying to give them away, depending on your area, means they'll probably be a dinner or used for fighting.
I think cockerel fighting is illegal here. I try to rehome. I never butchered a male and never rehomed one...

Chances are it will take a long while to rehome males.

Thank you…I’m just really sad, because I love them so much ❤️ They are so sweet and friendly and now I have to find a new and hopefully loving home…

Back
Top Bottom