Barred rock? Sexing

That’s actually great! Maybe I can get some olive egger babies from him. How can you tell the difference? The barring?
His skin is white.

Very young chicks often go through a color change with their legs and feet. I've seen lots of OEGB chicks with yellow looking legs and feet turn the proper white as they get a bit older. I've never seen white turn to yellow later though.

His skin is white.

Very young chicks often go through a color change with their legs and feet. I've seen lots of OEGB chicks with yellow looking legs and feet turn the proper white as they get a bit older. I've never seen white turn to yellow later though.
I noticed it didn't have the gray shadowing on its little yellow legs like a barred rock or Dominique does.Hmmmm.I thought it may have been a roo instead.How Interesting!

It didn’t attach, trying again. You can see his white legs better here.

Attachments

• 54157E23-3C84-489A-8CC5-5985E79E2F1B.jpeg
    54157E23-3C84-489A-8CC5-5985E79E2F1B.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 10
His skin is white.

I agree! I've always kind of wondered if somehow the fluid in the egg has a tendency to "stain" them yellow? I 100% could be wrong though

Back
Top Bottom