Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Quote:
They are the funniest looking birds!! Had someone laughing at mine so much, I named him 'Chuckles". He was about 5 weeks in this pic

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72957_img_3230.jpg

I'll try to get another pic soon. He is 10 or so weeks old now and looking pretty good! Give yours a few more weeks, and I bet you'll be liking him a lot better. The slower to mature one's seem to make the better adults. .........stan

He looks like he is part shamo or something gone wrong!!!

I have two boys 'I think' from Kathy's eggs that I hatched at Easter. I'm guessing the best determinate for sexing is leg color. My 'boys' have very light legs, but they are very 'muscular'. They certainly are pretty birds. I suppose we will be having them for dinner come October or November.

Yea I thought about eating mine but since I have 45.00 plus feed in it I'm afraid I'd choke on it.

Quote:
Well, I guess you could keep adding to the feed bill and hope he turns into a keeper.
idunno.gif

Personally, I am happy with 10% keepers.
The others I do continue to feed ............. in the processing pen.
91.gif

Quote:
Here's Chuckels at 10 or 11 weeks:

72957_img_3538.jpg

I never would have believed he'd grow into this, and he still has a few months to grow before I decide to keep him or not. I have a couple others from the same bloodline that are liiking good too, a little longer in the back, and brest too. Trying to be patient......stan

I think he'll be a keeper alright. I just wish I had something to breed him with. I saw a couple of hatchery hens at a swap over the weekend but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. They were so not worthy of him.
lol.png

Quote:
I like the length of the backs on those last two, not that I know much, Just what I like!! Do you plan to keep them around till they are a year old before you pick Kathy?? I have 5 that I'm still looking at and I'm afraid to cull because they change so fast. .........stan

Back
Top Bottom