Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

My favorite 2012 hatched BR cockerel (right now). He is over 8 pounds now. He just might have a tail.

I don't understand what you mean? I plan on having a couple girls waiting for him when he is ready....if that is what you mean.

I have a feeling, and if it offends you, I'm sorry, but the female you have photographed does not seem to be a good representative of the breed. Her tail angle, head size, comb size, leg color and overall body conformation screams that she is more from production lines than from a bird bred towards the standard.

I think what they are saying is that, instead of breeding to the female that you have pictured, to get some hens that will complement him and produce better birds for the next generation than have you take a few steps back from where your male is currently. If you use the hen you have now, you will probably have to breed for several more generations than if you were to get some better conformed and barred birds.

Just my opinion.

My favorite 2012 hatched BR cockerel (right now). He is over 8 pounds now. He just might have a tail.

thumbsup.gif
looking good there Jeremy gives me hope still yet on my endeavors too in these awesome looking guys and gals.
smile.png

Jeff

Jeremy,
I know you wrote that this was your favorite 2012 cockerel but just wondering how many weeks old is he in these pics? I have one that is a good 7 months old with hardly any tail but I also have a couple that came from you directly, maybe around 6 months old that are showing great promise with their tails.

This is the older guy..

Thanks,
Chris

Oh my! What beautiful birds! I saw you had chicks available for shipping back in June. Will you be selling more in the future? Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom