Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Thought I'd add a few pic's. I like looking at other's GSBR pic's so thought I should share some. Now if only they would pose!
idunno.gif
These are birds from Jeremy approx 6-7 months old. I had four other cockerels that decided to move outdoors.There on a Friday night (Outside fence and I was working) gone Saturday. Never did find them and I assume they were ground roosting and a fox or coyote got em. All dissapeared in one night. Still have seven pullets and three cockerel's behind a tight 8 foot fence now. No more free ranging until I get a bunch on the ground. Gonna hatch in the spring.

This roo is a little awkward looking yet. Never know I guess maybe could turn out.

Last edited:
Looking good there, dragonfly
Yeah don't get in too big of a hurry to cull yet as I have some BR males going on 14 months old that are still changing(for the better) LOL

Jeff

I have been lurking and reading this thread for a little while and decided to post some picks of the GSBR's I picked up from tigercreek about 2 weeks ago. I really liked the blues also so I got a roo and 3 pullets to go along with the others. These guys are only about 4 months old.

Blue Roo & Pullet:

Last edited:
Here is my boy. He is 9 months old and just started crowing. :) I would love to find some hatching eggs so that I can hatch him a girlfriend or 2. Anyone know a breeder that is still selling eggs?

I'll have some in the spring. These guys don't lay this time of year. At least mine don't. They might if you put lights on them, but I don't do that. You might be better to look for someone that's still culling their pullets and is close by. ........stan
Here is my boy. He is 9 months old and just started crowing. :) I would love to find some hatching eggs so that I can hatch him a girlfriend or 2. Anyone know a breeder that is still selling eggs?

Mine are from the Good Shepherd line. Sorry, I do not ship chicks, but I think you should be able to find someone near you that has this line also. Maybe you can get a pullet or 2 from them, or at least chicks in the spring. I'll be glad to help with eggs if you are not able to find someone closer. Go back through this thread and see if there isn't someone who has posted about their birds that lives close enough to you. .........stan

Looks like they have a nice home with plenty of free ranging, lots of buge to find. Hope you are enjoying them!! .......stan
I have been lurking and reading this thread for a little while and decided to post some picks of the GSBR's I picked up from tigercreek about 2 weeks ago. I really liked the blues also so I got a roo and 3 pullets to go along with the others. These guys are only about 4 months old.

Blue Roo & Pullet:

Back
Top Bottom