8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
On a little Farm.
So, we all probably know of the six basic e+ bases:
e+ --------------------------(Duckwing)
E ----------------------------(Black)
E^R ------------------------(Crowwing)
E^WH ---------------------(Wheaten)
eb --------------------------(Stipled/Brown)
ebc -------------------------(Quill)

But there are apparently some others:
E^MB------------------------(Spotted/Mottled-Black)
e^wh+----------------------(Stipled Wheaten)
ey----------------------------(Clay Wheaten)
eqs--------------------------(Queen Silvia)
es----------------------------(Speckled)

Does any one know anything about these five bases (i.e. what breeds represent them, etc.) or, if they aren't true e+ bases, what are they?

Edit: Photos would be great!

Last edited:
Isn't Clay Wheaten just some rare form of recessive Wheaten found only in a European landrace or something?

Quote:
I believe all of teh last three are based solely in Europe, unless imported. I find it odd he did not list Wild Type Wheaton which is also very real mostly found in the Game Breeds (The Females have striped hackles) unlike the exhibition Wheaton where the female does not demonstrate striping in the hackle.

e+
(Wild type) As in Black Breasted Red,

E^R
Birchen--

Duckwing is to have coloring in both the wing bow and wing bay while the wing bar is black or white like seen in Black breasted reds and pyles. Unlike a crow-wing which only possesses coloring in the wing bow.

Crowwing is to have coloring only in the wing bow.

Chris

Quote:
I believe all of teh last three are based solely in Europe, unless imported. I find it odd he did not list Wild Type Wheaton which is also very real mostly found in the Game Breeds (The Females have striped hackles) unlike the exhibition Wheaton where the female does not demonstrate striping in the hackle.

From the information that I have read, it seems the wild type wheaten and the wheaten in Ameraucanas, for example, is the same wheaten; but I could be wrong. Here is some interesting information from way back: http://web.archive.org/web/20021118...and Back Study/2001 Hackle and Back Study.htm

Back
Top Bottom