Batam Breed Help

leahsep

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 17, 2014
Bantam, dang it.. I meant Bantam!! I have 7 chicks of all whom I have no idea what breed or sex even these chicks are. I am a first time chicken owner and would love to know what breed they might be. They are about 6 weeks old. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

This one is "Sideways" because of the limp it had the first week we had it.

This one is named "Blue" because my 4 year old said so..... Blue is starting to get a waddle...

And last but not least, this is "Spot" because of the white spot on it's head when it was a chick... Spot is also starting to get a waddle....

An update on my attempts to figure out the breeds of my chicks... Sideways passed away a few days ago, but it had been sickly so we chalked it up to natural selection, but the other 6 are fine and healthy.

I think "Red" is a bantam Orpington.

Other than that I am not sure yet :/

This one is "Mr. T" either a white rock or white leghorn, leaning more towards white rock
This is "Joe Dirt" resembles an Ancona, but the eyes look different, so not sure
This one is "Red"
looks like a production red
This one is "Stripe"
This one is named "Blue" because my 4 year old said so..... Blue is starting to get a waddle...
golden laced Wyandotte. Not real sure.
And last but not least, this is "Spot" because of the white spot on it's head when it was a chick... Spot is also starting to get a waddle....
Is a barred rock, looking rooish, but top picture looks really dark, so time will tell.
An update on my attempts to figure out the breeds of my chicks... Sideways passed away a few days ago, but it had been sickly so we chalked it up to natural selection, but the other 6 are fine and healthy. I think "Red" is a bantam Orpington. Other than that I am not sure yet :/

Back
Top Bottom