Batchlore pad advice.

May 2, 2020
Eastern Michigan
Hi, my rooster is 13 weeks, and he has become mean to us and a threat to the hens. Last night, he was trying to mate with one, and he ripped her comb open, or I think that's what happened. In building him a small batchlor pad. We will likely use a dog house and add a perch, and chicken wire it in, a small run. We have another flock, 2 cockerels, and a pullet, who is blind. We will introduce her and them to the flock of hens that I have, and hopefuly have them get along, and Tino can live in their old pen. Now the tricky part, he is an aggressive rooster, with so much Testosterone that the end of his comb is turning purple. Can another rooster live with him? Or will he have to live alone, this is part managing your flock, and part run design, so I'm looking for advice on a batchlor pad design and management.

I have a batchler coop for rescued roo's you can try to introduce him to other roo's the way i do it is I have a divider fence that I let them see each other for a week and see how they are towards each other and still keep them safe i have noticed that once you remove hens from the situation rooster are just like guys the sit around eating farting and sleeping without a care in the world

Thanks guys! I removed the hen he injured and put her with the other flock, and bought 2 more chicks for the cocks to mate with if introducing him doesn't work. He will likely be moved to the Batchlore pad eventually, but for now he hasn't been aggressive with the other hens.

Back
Top Bottom