Bathe a chicken

We use baby shampoo or Dr. Bronner soap. I'd recommend something on the gentle side. And you will have to keep her someplace warm for a few hours.

Mimi/Dawn - Thank you both. This is very interesting. It also explains the posts about putting a chicken in warm water when they need to relax. Thank you.

I had a similar experience with bathing a wild heathen.
D.gif
I figured I was going to have a fight on my hands when I lowered her into the sink. Boy was I wrong. All the fight went out of her at that point. She LOVED it!
love.gif
It's true what everyone says, they melt when they feel that warm water, and almost go to sleep. I had to keep my hand under her or I think she would have just laid down and gone under.
roll.png

I think you can trust the consensus of the experienced people on here, or at lease that's been my experience. I've found them to be right almost 100% of the time. I don't know where I'd be without them.
bow.gif
Well actually, yes I do, I'd be in a terrible pickle most of the time.

pm pathfinder, or do a search for her tutorial on how to bath a chicken. it is excellent with easy to follow instructions and pictures. She does such an awesome job explaining things.

lilcrow - Nice to have another affirmation on the bath experience. I totally agree, it is wonderful to have the forum where we can learn from so many. I think of early farmers and how they could never have learned from so many people like we can here. BYC and the people are great.

Katy - I will go look for the tutorial. Thank you Katy.

Back
Top Bottom