Bay Area BYCers!

Hi all! Joining in from San Jose :) I got my coop and 2 hens right before winter from someone who was moving to Texas and now I'm looking to expand my knowledge and my flock! Does anyone have a place where they like to get pullets from? My partner doesn't want the fuss of chicks.
You can check Craigslist for your area, they sometimes have laying pullets for sale.

Thanks for all the advice! I checked out Craigslist and found someone in Dublin who wanted to reduce her flock :)

2 of the hens I'll be getting aren't vaccinated at all - is this something I can do on my own at home or should I look up a vet who can administer?

Thanks for all the advice! I checked out Craigslist and found someone in Dublin who wanted to reduce her flock :)

2 of the hens I'll be getting aren't vaccinated at all - is this something I can do on my own at home or should I look up a vet who can administer?
Most vaccines need to be given when they are quite young I believe. But it'd be best to ask a vet

Hi all! Joining in from San Jose :) I got my coop and 2 hens right before winter from someone who was moving to Texas and now I'm looking to expand my knowledge and my flock! Does anyone have a place where they like to get pullets from? My partner doesn't want the fuss of chicks.
I just saw this and thought of you:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/grq/d/backyard-chickens-delivered-coop-ready/7437064774.html
The add says this:
DARE 2 DREAM FARMS has been serving San Francisco and the Bay Area with healthy, happy chicks and hens for 8 years. We hand deliver chickens directly to your home. A minimum order of just two chickens is in place for the happiness and health of the chicks. Please have a place prepared to accept chickens for delivery.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Check out our amazing 5 STAR reviews on Yelp and Facebook
Yelp: www.yelp.com/biz/dare-2-dream-farms-lompoc
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dare2dreamfarms

PRICING:
Baby Chicks starting at $8.00
Coop Ready Chickens starting at $20.00
Started Pullets starting at $30.00
Point of lay starting at $40.00
(All Vaccinated for Marek's, Guaranteed Hens)

AVAILABILITY: Check our online store for availability at www.dare2dreamfarms.com/shop

BREEDS RAISED: Barred Plymouth Rocks, Black Australorps, Easter Eggers (Ameraucanas), Sexlinks, Buff Orpingtons, New Hampshire Reds, and Rhode Island Reds are usually readily available. Occasionally we also raise Brahmas, Cochins, and Wyandottes.

GUARANTEE: All chickens sold by Dare 2 Dream Farms are guaranteed to be hens. (excluding Bantams). Chickens are sexed with 95% rate of success and any that turn out to be roosters may be exchanged for a hen at no cost. All chickens are properly vaccinated for Marek's Disease in ovo, and are guaranteed to be healthy. Deaths of chickens reported within three days of purchase will be replaced at no charge; or a refund may be requested for the original amount of the chicken purchased. Chickens reported to be ill within one week of purchase can be exchanged for healthy chickens of the same value, or returned for a full refund.

DELIVERY PRICING: Cost of delivery is based on quantity and age of chickens ordered. (Chickens are also available for pick-up. We are located in Lompoc, CA and open by appointment only.)

TO ORDER: Shop online at www.Dare2DreamFarms.com/shop
-
Please also let us know if you have any special requests regarding the time of delivery. Orders must be placed the business day before delivery by NOON.

CONFIRMATION AND SCHEDULING: Upon placing your order online, you will receive a phone call to confirm your order and your expected delivery date. Expect a call from us the Friday prior to delivery between 1-5pm with your estimated delivery time.

CANCELLATIONS: For the health and safety of the chickens in transport, cancellations must be made by NOON the day before your scheduled delivery. Cancellations made the day of delivery are subject to a $30 Cancellation Fee.

THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FREE INFORMATION! Visit our website at Dare2DreamFarms.com/chickens for free information on chicken breeds and tons of free information on raising backyard chickens. Plus, free recommendations and customer service via phone and email!

WE BUILD HANDCRAFTED COOPS TOO! Visit our website at www.dare2dreamfarms.com/coops for more information.

Rehoming Swedish flower cockerels! Well my luck ran out this year and we ended up with close to half a dozen boys. They are about 9 weeks old and super sweet. One will happily take a nap on your arm. They’re from Greenfire lines.

I’m near the Ashby BART. Let me know if you can take one or if you have any leads for rehoming them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 4
It is with heavy heart that I have to type this... but I have to move away soon, and where I'm going doesn't permit having pets. I am so devastated but I have no other choice. Is there anyone who wants to adopt 3 female pekins and 1 muscovy male? I am willing to make the commute. Please help. I live in Stanton california

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-122923_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-122923_Video Player.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220326_185050.jpg
    20220326_185050.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom