Bay Area BYCers!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jeremy, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dedicateddourly

dedicateddourly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Fallbrook, CA
    Oh no Cheryl!!! I'm so sorry. This is absolutely heart-breaking.

2. Cheryl,

I am so sorry for your loss. I suspect that the city noticed your flock during the recent flooding.

Anna

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:Is there a way to fight this? This is horrible!! I am sooo Sorry Cheryl! [​IMG] I am moving this week to a new house on 5 Acres, but I won't have a coop built right away. I wish I could help!

4. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Quote:Is there a way to fight this? This is horrible!! I am sooo Sorry Cheryl! [​IMG] I am moving this week to a new house on 5 Acres, but I won't have a coop built right away. I wish I could help!

I have two coops

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]
    I know that hug smilies cannot do a thing to ease the heartbreak. I wish I could fix this for you. I hurt at the very thought of this happening to your flock, Cheryl.

Speechless. In shock.

6. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal

We would be willing to help move Cheryl's coops and build a couple of runs for them if you (or anyone else) could provide a home for them! Maybe we could all pitch together to get them set up quickly! It is too heart breaking to think about what might happen to them if someone here can't take them in! [​IMG]
    I will talk to DH and see if we can come down this coming weekend!

7. clio

clio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:Cheryl,

I just email'd you .... do you mean April 8?

Pls. , if possible, I would love to have Daphne and Clio

Maybe some of us can take care of your flock until ....

This is so unfair !!! [​IMG]

8. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG I came n to say I had 3 BCMs hatch and I see the bad news.

Cheryl I'm so sorry. I can't believe this. I'm just heartbroken for you. I had to give up my birds when we lost our house and I sobbed so hard I broke my husband's heart. He promised he'd make sure I got another.

I'm just shocked and peeved at the same time. This is just not right! Isn't there anything you can do??????

I don't know what you have, but you can pm me with a list and prices. I feel horrible to even think about it, but I don't know what else I can do to help.

I'm crying for you right now! OMG!

9. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.

We would be willing to help move Cheryl's coops and build a couple of runs for them if you (or anyone else) could provide a home for them! Maybe we could all pitch together to get them set up quickly! It is too heart breaking to think about what might happen to them if someone here can't take them in! [​IMG]

We can, Our only issue right now Is money, I know Cheryl has put a lot into these babies. Sunny the propert we are moving to is right next to the ranch where we had chicken stock., we have 5 acres that are wooded, but have plenty of space.

10. clio

clio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA

Thanks, ... yes, that's a nice group idea .... I don't have the room personally, but am willing to help out w/ labor and/or donation$ for supplies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by