Bay Area BYCers!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jeremy, Feb 3, 2010.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Sorry got sidetracked reporting spammers LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Quote:Is it for support with no straps??? [​IMG]

Not just support, but er, enhancement. You know, when you squeeze them together, hehe. And I swear I've never tried it!

[​IMG] okay, thanks for that visual.

3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    CUTE! [​IMG]

Are they BBS or Lavs? Who's line are they from?

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    BBS and a Lav Orp from rockinpaints

5. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:awww. [​IMG]

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Ever since my husband and I met Sunny and her husband I've known how much she loves blues. So do I. It's just been so hard to get nice ones.

With what I have now I should have a decent mix of lines to turn out some nice birds next season. I absolutely love the blues. I got my first lavs from hatching eggs from pips&peeps, so they are on my love list, but the blues....just something about them.

So even though this year is a bust for my AMs at this point, I have some nice ones that I've been hatching out. I have the ones from the order from John and a few others.

I'm also excited about the Lav Orp. I really hope it's a roo. I'm working on some Lav Marans.

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Here's a sample of our newest babies...

Lavender am
    [​IMG]
    Little blue am
    [​IMG]
    Wheaten am
    [​IMG]

I have 1 lavender ameraucana, 4 blue ameraucanas, 3 blacks and, of course, the 5 new wheatens from the group order! [​IMG]

Here is a shot that shows why I think some of the wheatens are boys. Of course it is hard to tell before 3 weeks so the colors may change but they sure look like they're changing already. I think there are 2 boys and 1 girl in this shot. If they do change I sure hope I get at least 2 boys since last time I didn't get any! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    here's hoping you get what you want this year, Sunny! [​IMG]

9. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Is there anyone from the south bay that frequents here? I have somewhat of an odd request. I am suppose to get 3 dozen eggs next week to put in my incubator. Well, as most of you know usually extras are sent in case of breakage. I have 2 incubators but one is being really funny on getting the temp where it needs to be. The one bator w/ the egg turner will only fit 42 eggs. I have a feeling I'm going to have more than 42. I don't want to have to throw eggs away. So, I am looking for someone that might have a broody hen or someone who will also be starting incubating starting next weekend or early the following week. Like Mon or Tues. at the latest. This is what I'd like to offer. If I can't get the 2nd incubators temp right I'm gonna need a broody hen or someone that would be willing to hatch the eggs for me. I am getting at least 2 dozen Ameraucanas (Blues/Blacks/Splash and Lav's) as well as a dozen Silkie eggs (Splash and Lav's). If you are able to take some of my eggs to incubate I would be more than happy to give you 2 or 3 chicks as a thank you. Please PM me privately if you might be able to help me out. I am looking for someone in the south bay as I'm located in the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area.

Thanks
    Kim

10. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Thanks Steff! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by