Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I will be going. Haven't missed a PPBA show in 40 years. You should have no problem selling birds there, but you have to be a member of PPBA to rent a sales cage....I think....you better check.
I lost electricity at least 5 times yesterday because of the wind, now I'm really behind.

Walt

Well, since we are a few doors down the street we lost that same power - nothing quite like homework by flashlight.....but we lost a few extra things too, 4 to 5 Eucalyptus trees...thankfully the cattle and chickens are all ok. This is the pasture directly behind the chicken pens, where the birds free range with the steers back three...Poor babies no grass for the chickens today as the other pastures aren't dog proof.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/93901_034.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/93901_036.jpg

You can see the two largest ones that went down from the right side, what you cant see because I wasn't brave enough to get that close for pictures is that the hole on the left side used to have 2 smaller but good size trees that fell back rather than to the side....my neighbors had just pulled a travel trailer back there to store last week, its completely ruined.

Loos like we're going to have a surplus of firewood soon
sad.png

I guess I should look in the back of the property to see what fell down at my place. I got out of there when the redwood branches started dropping around 2-3pm yesterday. It was like a tornado coming through here. Sure glad I didn't waste my time last week raking leaves...they are probably down at your placer

Walt

Quote:
Wow scary, I assume everyone is ok?

Thankfully, all of our animals, our people, our boat and our garage roof escaped any harm. (listed in order of importance of course)

Quote:
I didn't bring any, but should have.

w.

I've seen your ducks and I think you should have too!

Thanks! The chickens are not shabby either. I will have a lot of chickens entered at Stockton...they are just now coming into good feather. I'm showing 25 birds this weekend in Victorville.

w.

Wanted to announce that I've worked a special deal with Concord Feed Stores.

When anyone purchases eggs, chicks, juveniles etc. from me, they will receive a 10% off coupon that can be used at any of their stores that includes purchases for Start&Grow, Flock raiser, Chick & Duck Waterers & Feeders, lamps, bulbs, scratch & other accessories.

Last edited:
I bought from the sales barn at Stockton last time but have never sold there. I was hoping to sell there this time too so maybe better check into that membership thing myself.
I picked up 2 new pullets from the P.O. this morning for my daughter. I got Polish Frizzles for her . One WC Black & one W/C Chocolate. She is reviewing the books she reads from Fannie Somebody to find new names for them. She absolutely loves them.......................
Sorry for all you that have had such bad wind damage & loss of beloved chickens. I hate the wind & dread going out into it but like everyone else I have chores to do. Have a good day all...............

Back
Top Bottom