Bay Area BYCers!

Jeremy and Cheryl,

How are your Rodebar and Cream Legbars projects going. Jeremy, did you ever get Cream Legbars's?

I am intrigued by them being auto-sexing.

Post pictures please :pop

Ron

Nope, I never got any Legbars, their appeal wore off pretty quickly for me.

I am sill interested in auto sexing though and I do like the Rhodebar, depending on when we get the noise ordinance repealed in Oakland that prevents keeping roosters, I may order a few Rhodebar cockerels this year. I would start by putting said cockerel over my Heritage RIR hens, in hopes of producing offspring with better overall type and a deeper mahogany red plumage. I'm not thrilled with the rooster pictured on Greenfire's website, he has some major faults for the breed. I would continue to outcross to Heritage Reds until the birds had better confirmation.

Here's a picture of one the hens I plan to use in the project.

IMG_5517-1.jpg

I wonder where the closest Starbucks is? We could meet there before the show! It's a good thing that I'm an early morning person! DH will have to let the birds out for me that day!

Hey Debi! Okay - I have been looking at Starbucks website....from what I can tell the two stores that are closest to the fairgrounds are North of Hwy 4 on N. El Dorado and off of Hwy 99 on Arch Airway.....

Nope, I never got any Legbars, their appeal wore off pretty quickly for me.
I am sill interested in auto sexing though and I do like the Rhodebar, depending on when we get the noise ordinance repealed in Oakland that prevents keeping roosters, I may order a few Rhodebar cockerels this year. I would start by putting said cockerel over my Heritage RIR hens, in hopes of producing offspring with better overall type and a deeper mahogany red plumage. I'm not thrilled with the rooster pictured on Greenfire's website, he has some major faults for the breed. I would continue to outcross to Heritage Reds until the birds had better confirmation.
Here's a picture of one the hens I plan to use in the project.
IMG_5517-1.jpg

Thanks Jeremy and Cheryl!

I forgot to ask Cheryl about the Basque babies. Please put me on your list for Culls.

Ron

Jeremy! Most definitely! Will you and Carlos be there on Saturday? You'll have to PM me your cell so we can meet up!

And I'll check Peet's website too Debi see if anything is closer. I can come in on 5 or 99 so if Peet's doesn't have one we can meet at the Starbucks! I'll keep you posted!

Have a great day everyone!!!
ya.gif

Hey everyone! We're getting our ameraucana pullet tomorrow but still looking for a black copper maran and either an Orpington or a polish. Can anyone point me in the right direction for two young pullets soon?

I have many, many pure English Orpington Blue and Splash juvenile birds available. I'm hesitant to let a pullet go without sending a cockerel with her as I still have many boys growing out, can you keep a cockerel too?

You can see pictures of my birds on my website, http://brooksidecottagefarms.com.

Jeremy! Most definitely! Will you and Carlos be there on Saturday? You'll have to PM me your cell so we can meet up!

And I'll check Peet's website too Debi see if anything is closer. I can come in on 5 or 99 so if Peet's doesn't have one we can meet at the Starbucks! I'll keep you posted!

Have a great day everyone!!!
ya.gif

I'm dragging Carlos along with me, as well as a slew of juvenile English Orps to hopefully sell at the show and deliver to folks who have preordered them. I'll PM you my cell number so we can meet and hang out. :)

Back
Top Bottom