Bay Area BYCers!

Hey All,

I'm in Hayward!!

I was just wondering if anyone has any fertile eggs (maybe like 2~3) that I can have/buy so I can satisfy my broody hen?

Please forward the message, I'm willing to drive, but not too far and I'm available on the weekends. Preferably eggs that are 1week fertile since that's how long my hen's been broody.

X2 scraping some pricy Wheaten Penedesenca eggs. no fault to the packer just looked like Usps used it as a football or something...
Shipped eggs, eBay or otherwise, are always a crap shoot. you can get a 100% hatch rate, you can get a 0% hatch rate. Usually a decent hatch is 25%. I recommend learning how to use the incubator on cheap local eggs. There are a lot of things you learn to do to increase your hatch rate with a little practice.

Once you spend 100 bucks on rare heritage breed eggs you want those suckers to have every chance. ( or at least I do, I'm cheap, lol) we are in San Jose and have silkie, showgirl( well usually I have those 6/6 hens are broodie or have babies atm my poor roosters are soo sad!), olive egger and FCBM eggs, but I don't see those on your list. But if you are in the area and want to practice, give me a holler.

and Welcome to BYC!! And IA!
Also, i saw rare marans somewhere in the greater norther California area when I did a search a month or so ago, cant for the life of me remember where, but close enough I thought I could schlep out there and maybe grab a few birchens.

Hi guys..

I was just at my local feed and grain store, El Granero in San Pablo. In case anyone is looking for babies, they had a bunch of new chicks, including Dominique, Leghorn, Naked necks and something else I cannot rememeber! They also had guinea fowl chicks.

Hi Walt,

What day will you be judging at the Heirloom Expo?

That's when Dawn was thinking of having our meet up brunch/lunch
frow.gif

Thanks,
Daphne/Clio

Hi Walt,

What day will you be judging at the Heirloom Expo?

That's when Dawn was thinking of having our meet up brunch/lunch
frow.gif

Thanks,
Daphne/Clio

They haven't told me yet. I'll try to find out this week. It will be the same schedule as last year, but these things kind of run together for me these days so I don't remember.

Walt

Walt

Back
Top Bottom