Bay Area BYCers!

They haven't told me what time I am judging, but if they want it finished along with the other things they want me to do, they better let me start in the morning. I will start around 9 if I have anything to say about the starting time.

Walt
Their website says that the expo hours are 11 AM to 9 PM. Maybe they will let you judge without an audience?
smile.png

I am game for whatever whoever sets up. After the fiasco after Walt's class day I am hesitant to take birds to anyone but hatching eggs would be okay I guess. I am not willing to put myself in anyone's line of fire. I do not vaccinate for Mareks but have not had a problem myself. I have lost a few in this heat wave both brooder chicks & grown birds but not many so I can't complain. I did have everyone at the recent get together step into a tray of disinfectant before we went out to the chickens though.
I am looking forward to Santa Rosa & Petaluma KOA. Debi do you & Money play cards?? That is something Olivia & I do together alot.. I can bring playing cards, the card tray & the card shuffler I bought off Ebay because Oli's hands are too small to shuffle by herself......LOL
We do play some cards and are willing to learn new games! We have been playing Kings on the Corners. What games to you like to play? Is Olivia coming?

Olivia loves to plat Trash & Fish. I grew up playing Shanghai Rummy & Canssta but haven't played in years. Oli has school & Cheer practice during the week so I am assuming she won't get to come.
Are you going to the Delta Backyard Poultry Meetup meeting in Lodi today?

I am trying to caught up on the threads.

I am going to Lodi today at 4 for a Delta Backyard Poultry Meetup Group meeting. We are doin s finger food potluck pic nic t the Lodi Wine Cellars patio & will have a chicken talk. I live in Turlock so I will leave around 3 I guess.
Last week end there was a Friends of Feathers chicken get together here at my house. Nothing official, just a fun get together. It was the first time I had tried anything like that but it went over so well I will do it again. I had alot of help putting it together. Another local chicken lover wants to have a chicken get together at her place in Delhi somewhere around Easter so if anyone is interested give me your name & I will get you on the list to be notified. We had a meet & greet round robin last weekend at my house so everyone there gets to know everyone eles, where they live, what they raise etc. We have a great raffle with donated chicken related items.....such fun...!!!!! It is a pot luck & we had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay alot of food....LOL
One of the raffle prizes was the new forage greens trays I have been making. Cheryl had one at her get together as a raffle prize that George (PetRock's) husband had made. We all wanted to win it but I didn't so I came home & have been making my own since. My process has evolved since I made my first ones. I think I finally have it down to as cheap & fast as I can get it. The metal hardware was a big expense & I found away around it. My chickens love the greens so much I can't keep enough growing. I bought 20 trays so when I finish tham all maybe I can get a rotation going. If your chickens get to free range you don't need them but most of my chickens are in breeding pens without access to fresh green grass etc. Debi gave me the name of the company you get the forage mix seed from so I got 10lbs. Groworganics.com It must be very popular because they run out & I had to wait for my order to be filled.
I am off to staple the hardware cloth to my greens trays.
Anyone local enough that wants to do some let me know & we will set up a workshop day.

Olivia loves to plat Trash & Fish. I grew up playing Shanghai Rummy & Canssta but haven't played in years. Oli has school & Cheer practice during the week so I am assuming she won't get to come.
Are you going to the Delta Backyard Poultry Meetup meeting in Lodi today?

Contact Suzann about the Shamo...I think she has one for you.

Walt

Walt I see you are also speaking on tuesday at one o'clock @ Heirloom Expo! Should be great!

Walter Leonard
APA/ABA Licensed Judge
“What’s the Judge Looking For?”

inally getting some cooler wether. Before we kow it I will be complaining of the cold.
I am looking forward to the Heirloom Expo and am now wishing I had entered a pullet. Today was the deadline day to have your entries in I think.
Hope to see alot of you there.

Back
Top Bottom