Bay Area BYCers!

Hello! Does anyone know if there is somewhere which sells organic soy free and corn free layer feed in the east bay (preferably in my area which is Concord-Walnut Creek-Lafayette)? I'm not having much luck so far at the local stores. I know there is a place called Modesto Milling, but they are a bit too far & don't seem to have any distributors real close by.

Thanks for you help!
smile.png

Hello! Does anyone know if there is somewhere which sells organic soy free and corn free layer feed in the east bay (preferably in my area which is Concord-Walnut Creek-Lafayette)? I'm not having much luck so far at the local stores. I know there is a place called Modesto Milling, but they are a bit too far & don't seem to have any distributors real close by.

Thanks for you help!
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif
I live in the East Bay and have not been able to find any feed stores that carry Modesto Milling feed or King Feed. I have my DH pick up bags of King Feed (they have a new GMO- free, corn-free, soy-free feed called Freedom) in Santa Cruz on his way home from work on Fridays. Maybe someone else knows of a different brand that one of our E Bay feed stores carries.

I lost one of my chickens yesterday to a coyote :( I'd like to replace her with 1 Ameraucana and 1 Buff Orpington (I think the chicken math works there). Does anyone locally have any pullets of this breed? Ideally I'd like them to have just started laying or laying very soon as I've made a commitment to donate fresh local eggs to someone as part of a school fundraiser. Thanks for any leads....

I am so embarrassed to admit to this but very glad that there was a happy outcome. I'd put a half barrel in the run filled with dirt for a dirt bath for the girls and I guess over time they just kicked most of the dirt out without me noticing. Our "missing" chicken must have hopped in anyway and turned the barrel onto herself. My 7-year old found her today when he was messing around in the run. I'm so relieved I have a curious child. Billie seems none worse for wear. She popped out a couple of eggs during her ordeal (I wonder if there were more and she just ate them???) She was fed some nice wormy treats and got a nice free-roam in the sun this afternoon. We celebrated by buying a couple of chicks to add to our flock soon. Chicken math at it's best...

I am so embarrassed to admit to this but very glad that there was a happy outcome. I'd put a half barrel in the run filled with dirt for a dirt bath for the girls and I guess over time they just kicked most of the dirt out without me noticing. Our "missing" chicken must have hopped in anyway and turned the barrel onto herself. My 7-year old found her today when he was messing around in the run. I'm so relieved I have a curious child. Billie seems none worse for wear. She popped out a couple of eggs during her ordeal (I wonder if there were more and she just ate them???) She was fed some nice wormy treats and got a nice free-roam in the sun this afternoon. We celebrated by buying a couple of chicks to add to our flock soon. Chicken math at it's best...
That's good news! I'm glad that your son found her and that she is okay! I think that it's a great excuse for more chickens!
smile.png

Yeah for the good outcome! And great job on the chicken math...
thumbsup.gif

I have a silly question... how do I multi quote??? I have tried every combination of the "multi" and "quote" buttons for my highlighted text but just can't get it to work!
he.gif
What am I doing wrong???

Quote: You can't quote partial text, only the entire post, but once quoted, you can edit it while responding, before you submit. Multiquote is for responding to several different posts in a single reply box. As you read through a thread, hit the multi button for any posts you wish to quote, and when ready, hit reply or quote and all the the posts you want will be in your reply box.

If you are wanting nested quotes, where you can quote an original post and responses to it, like above, you have to go into your profile to edit your account and activate the nested quotes. (I had to ask a moderator how to do this!
tongue.png
)

Quote: You can't quote partial text, only the entire post, but once quoted, you can edit it while responding, before you submit. Multiquote is for responding to several different posts in a single reply box. As you read through a thread, hit the multi button for any posts you wish to quote, and when ready, hit reply or quote and all the the posts you want will be in your reply box.

If you are wanting nested quotes, where you can quote an original post and responses to it, like above, you have to go into your profile to edit your account and activate the nested quotes. (I had to ask a moderator how to do this!
tongue.png
)
Aha! Thanks so much for the info! I had the "hide nested quotes" option selected in my account profile so I changed it. Bingo, nested quotes! That is what I had wanted to do originally but now that you described the multi-quote feature... I'll be using that as well! I was wondering how people responded to multiple quotes on separate pages!
clap.gif
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom