Bay Area BYCers!

I'm so excited to see what hatches Dawn! It's like hatching for the very first time all over again.
tongue.png
exciting! spring is great like that!

exciting! spring is great like that!
I'm just hoping "spring" decides to stick around, & we don't get a late cold snap.
fl.gif
I've got plants budding out with new growth everywhere, things are sprouting like crazy, my figs are all setting fruit... a freeze would be awful.

I'm just hoping "spring" decides to stick around, & we don't get a late cold snap.
fl.gif
I've got plants budding out with new growth everywhere, things are sprouting like crazy, my figs are all setting fruit... a freeze would be awful.
Well, its been cold cold here, but not freezing yet. I may try straw bales in the front this year, we jsut dont get enough sun in the back for growing anything...

Well, its been cold cold here, but not freezing yet. I may try straw bales in the front this year, we jsut dont get enough sun in the back for growing anything...

Aaron (my grown son) just set out 10 straw bales a couple of days ago. We dressed them with rabbit manure that had collected over the last year under the rabbit hutch & but a thin layer of planting mix with Osmocote. He will now keep them watered til next Weds & then we will plant. We are trying 4 varieties of seed potatoes in containers too. How exciting for me to be enthused again. Having an able bodied, willing helper makes all the difference. No eggs here yet but I have only 3 breeding pens now & the turkeys.

Hey y'all! I have 4 red bantam cochins available that hatched Jan 4th and they need homes! They are 2 pullets and 2 cockerels, and I would rather not split them up, but would be willing to send them off in breeding pairs. They are friendly and fearless and excellent birds with show potential. They were raised by someone I split a hatch with, but when she ended up overwhelmed by the responsibility. I had to buy them from her for $10 each, leaving me $40 in the hole so I'm open to donations of cash, food, or feed to make up some of my cost on these four. They were hatched from excellent east coast lines which have been recently discontinued and would be a great start to a breeding pen or an addition to other bantam cochin project. So far they show no disqualifiers according to the American Bantam Association.

I live in Alameda and work in Berkeley so would prefer pickup from those locations but could deliver for cost of gas.

clockwise from left: C1, P1, P2

L to R: P2, P1, Helen(not for sale)

P1

P2

C2

Wish I could help @FoxholeFarm , but I'm up to my ears in boys already!

I have 3 bantam Orp cockerels right now. A Chocolate, Black split to Choc, and a Mauve.

In a few months when the Mauve is of breeding age I'll be looking to rehome my Chocolate boy.

Good luck!

Wish I could help @FoxholeFarm , but I'm up to my ears in boys already!

I have 3 bantam Orp cockerels right now. A Chocolate, Black split to Choc, and a Mauve.

In a few months when the Mauve is of breeding age I'll be looking to rehome my Chocolate boy.

Good luck!
I've been ogling your photos. Theyre stunning birds.

Back
Top Bottom