Bay Area BYCers!

Good name options, Lual! Jeremy, lovely birds! What's the litle chocolate roo's name? He's lovely, as is the blue pullet!

I just realized my next hatch will be on St. Patrick's Day! I'll have to name them all after Irish stuff: Guiness, Blarney, Shamrock, Waterford...you get the picture! :D Feel free to join in, y'all...!

I would like to share photos of my brand new joys of life: chicks : ) I would like to thank "DIDolan" for the beautiful eggs from her lovely hens, and delightful experience. When we first started to communicate, Dawn sent me some photos of her Blue, and Splash Marans eggs where the color was dark and quite impressive, but, they were much impressive and prettier in person. The eggs had 100% fertility, and the hatch started very early hours of the 21st.day, and was completed within 15 hrs. To my surprise, the first chick took only 3 hours from pip to hatch. Well, looked like all the chicks were in a big hurry to get out of their eggs. So nice to have fuzzy little chicks to love, and play with rather than doing my work...

Lual

Last edited:
I would like to share photos of my brand new joys of life: chicks : ) I would like to thank "DIDolan" for the beautiful eggs from her lovely hens, and delightful experience. When we first started to communicate, Dawn sent me some photos of her Blue, and Splash Marans eggs where the color was dark and quite impressive, but, they were much impressive and prettier in person. The eggs had 100% fertility, and the hatch started very early hours of the 21st.day, and was completed within 15 hrs. To my surprise, the first chick took only 3 hours from pip to hatch. Well, looked like all the chicks were in a big hurry to get out of their eggs. So nice to have fuzzy little chicks to love, and play with rather than doing my work...

Lual

Thank you so much, Lual! I am making progress with the egg color for the Splash, and still keeping to the SOP for Marans in general. It's fun to work on!
Here's what I have hatching soon:

Hopefully they will be just as daring as yours!
Dawn

the chicks look fabulous! and Dawn, the color on those marans eggs is fabulous!

i have an incubator full of eggs that should be hatching monday or tuesday of this week: isbars, silver campines, and birchen marans. can't wait to see the little fuzzies!

Last edited:
So exciting! Before Chick TV comes "Hatch TV!"
pop.gif

Dawn the color on those eggs is amazing! Too bad there is no fast forward on Hatch TV - you could skip right to the pip and zip!

Last edited:
Dawn the color on those eggs is amazing! Too bad there is no fast forward on Hatch TV - you could skip right to the pip and zip!

Dawn's eggs are much prettier in person. It is difficult to tell in the photo; the eggs on the top row are xlarge eggs, and the bottom row are like round basketballs. I had to candle them to see which end was up
1f600.png
In my incubater set up, couldn't put them next to each other. When they hatched, the chicks from those eggs were fat, big babies. they are now a week old, and can tell the ones hatched from those basketball eggs. They are big
1f60d.png

Lual

the chicks look fabulous!  and Dawn, the color on those marans eggs is fabulous!

i have an incubator full of eggs that should be hatching monday or tuesday of this week: isbars, silver campines, and birchen marans.  can't wait to see the little fuzzies!

Thank you! How nice that you will have variety of chicks. Good luck with your hatch! I hope all the eggs hatch.

Lual

Lual

Congratulations! They are lovely. The one front and center looks bold for it's size. Think it's a cockerel or very friendly pullet?
smile.png

You must have a lot of chickens now. They are hard to resist!

[COLOR=333333]I would like to share photos of my brand new joys of life: chicks : ) I would like to thank "DIDolan" for the beautiful eggs from her lovely hens, and delightful experience. When we first started to communicate, Dawn sent me some photos of her Blue, and Splash Marans eggs where the color was dark and quite impressive, but, they were much impressive and prettier in person. The eggs had 100% fertility, and the hatch started very early hours of the 21st.day, and was completed within 15 hrs. To my surprise, the first chick took only 3 hours from pip to hatch. Well, looked like all the chicks were in a big hurry to get out of their eggs. So nice to have fuzzy little chicks to love, and play with rather than doing my work... [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Lual[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
Congratulations! They are lovely. The one front and center looks bold for it's size. Think it's a cockerel or very friendly pullet? :) You must have a lot of chickens now. They are hard to resist!
Thank you! I am really enjoying these adorable chicks. The two chicks you have mentioned came out of big, what I call; basketball eggs. They were huge, almost perfectly round eggs which I had to candle to figure out which end was up. They were huge babies at hatch, and will be interesting to see what sex they will be. More chickens? well, I will give the same answer that I give to my husband whenever he wants to talk about my chicken numbers: I have like 5 chickens; 1-Orpingtons, 2-NHs, 3-Ko Shamo, 4-Marans, 5-AMs
1f60a.png
I breed Jubilee Orps, NH, and Ko Shamo, but, the Marans and AMs are pets who add color to the egg basket. It is nice to have breeder friends who do all the hard work to perfect their birds to buy eggs from to enjoy these special breeds
1f603.png
Lual

Back
Top Bottom