Bay Area BYCers!

Orps seem to be the theme this week, so I guess I will post some of my birds also. These were taken yesterday. I have 8 blue hens in with 2 black roosters.

They are beautiful Deann! Well, I have a soft spot for your Orps : ) The roosters look like Mr T., and one of his sons? Like you, I used to have such nice grass and weeds growing in their area, but, finally it is just barren. Every day, I am out on the back of the property mowing grass for them. I am starting to worry about what will I do when they all turn brown and become hay.

Lual, I grow kale year round for the chickens. They LOVE it and it's so easy to keep going, even through the winter. I've also bought alfalfa, which they scratch through and pick out the leaves and flowers.

The muscovies are wonderful! Just last week I was researching about them and really considering a couple. Decided to wait until we're less busy. My mom had a white male when she was a girl and had fond memories of her pet muscovy.

Deann, your Orpingtons are amazing.
love.gif
What's the basic difference between English and American Orps?

They are beautiful Deann! Well, I have a soft spot for your Orps : ) The roosters look like Mr T., and one of his sons? Like you, I used to have such nice grass and weeds growing in their area, but, finally it is just barren. Every day, I am out on the back of the property mowing grass for them. I am starting to worry about what will I do when they all turn brown and become hay
You have a good eye. Yes, that is Mr. T and one of his sons.

I wanted to share some photos of my Muscovy ducks. They are Walt Leonard-fowlman01- birds. I love their quiet, gentle personality, and the sounds of the female which reminds me of water droplets. Very exotic. Their names are: Mr. Wags, and Mrs. Pips. Oh, Mr. Wags is literally huge!

Lual

Lual, Wow I love your Ducks. They are simply gorgeous.

I wanted to share some photos of my Muscovy ducks. They are Walt Leonard-fowlman01- birds. I love their quiet, gentle personality, and the sounds of the female which reminds me of water droplets. Very exotic. Their names are: Mr. Wags, and Mrs. Pips. Oh, Mr. Wags is literally huge! Lual
Lual, Wow I love your Ducks. They are simply gorgeous.
Thank you Deann! During the daylight hours, they are a rich, luxurious green. She started to lay eggs, and they are fertile. If you would like to have some Muscovies, I would be happy to give you some eggs. You have always been so generous with me.... Lual

Thank you Deann! During the daylight hours, they are a rich, luxurious green. She started to lay eggs, and they are fertile. If you would like to have some Muscovies, I would be happy to give you some eggs. You have always been so generous with me....

Lual
You're so sweet. I am trying to cut back on my animals, but I may be swayed. I do love Muscovies. Did I ever tell you about our ducks Paco and Millie? Here is a photo of them. Loved those girls.

Back
Top Bottom