Bay Area BYCers!

Jeremy, when are your chicks due? I hope you take photos. Orp chicks are always so fluffy and cute, and am guessing the bantam versions will be even more adorable.

I am glad you will have AMs again. How nice that you will get W&BW as well. They are my favorite colors, and look so elegant as adults.

I think you had Marans too? I bought eggs from Dawn which gave me gorgeous chicks. Her egg photos looked good, but, doesn't do justice how much better they are in person.
Now the chicks are 3 weeks old and the feathers which are pinning are so pretty.

Will you be getting Marans for you egg basket
1f60a.png

Lual

Thanks, Lual! Jeremy bought a pair of my Splash Marans maybe 3-4 years ago before he had to do the re-start. The pullet had huge blond hair, and so we called her Dolly Parton, or did we settle on "Jolene", Jeremy?? :)

Thanks, Lual! Jeremy bought a pair of my Splash Marans maybe 3-4 years ago before he had to do the re-start. The pullet had huge blond hair, and so we called her Dolly Parton, or did we settle on "Jolene", Jeremy??
smile.png

We tried Jolene... but Dolly stuck!
lol.png

I miss Marans eggs in our basket, and especially olive eggs, too! I'll probably hatch some later this spring in May.

My first hatch of the year is in lockdown right now!

5 bantam Orp eggs, all 5 that I set made it to day 18. 2 of the eggs are from import bantams that were brought in last year from the UK. A friend up in Washington went through all the hoop jumping and endless paper trails to import some really gorgeous little birds. I really hope both eggs hatch!

Here are some pictures of her birds.

& here's a recent pic of my favorite pullet right now, she's Mauve, she'll be bred to the import bantams to make me Blues & Chocolates.

Greetings, everyone! I'm Jose, from Vallejo. I'm a freelance illustrator/fine artist. A goal of mine is to one day host an exhibition of my drawings and paintings of chickens at a local Bay Area art gallery. I am constantly looking for pictures of chickens as photographical references for my artwork. If anybody is willing to let me take pictures of their chickens, or will be willing to supply me with pictures of their chickens/grant permission to create artwork from existing photos of their chickens...your help, or any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Greetings, everyone! I'm Jose, from Vallejo. I'm a freelance illustrator/fine artist. A goal of mine is to one day host an exhibition of my drawings and paintings of chickens at a local Bay Area art gallery. I am constantly looking for pictures of chickens as photographical references for my artwork. If anybody is willing to let me take pictures of their chickens, or will be willing to supply me with pictures of their chickens/grant permission to create artwork from existing photos of their chickens...your help, or any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
@allboutchicken you can take a look at my albums and see if there are any photos that you're interested in, I'm more than willing to share with you!
ETA: Glad you found us here on BYC, & welcome to the Bay Area thread.
frow.gif

Last edited:

Hi Jose,
I think a couple of people coming to the chicken party on May 3rd are into photography & may have pictures they can share. Go to the Sewandgrow's party page & ask there.

1 chick out!
jumpy.gif
It actually hatched a day early, yesterday. It's dried off in the brooder with 2 EE chicks I picked up from the feed store to keep it company. Now that it's starting to fluff up, I can tell that it's Chocolate. Which means it's a pullet! I'm super excited! Probably get some pics of her and her EE "sisters" tomorrow.

Also... would anyone be interested in a Mottled Orpington pullet? She hatched last November, and should start laying within a month or two. I just recently bought her, & I had planned on breeding her to my bantam Orpington cock when she starts to lay... but I think she's just going to be way too big for the little guys to handle.
sad.png
She's in good health, and its absolutely beautiful. PM me if you're interested & we can work something out...

Last edited:
Hey Jose,

I'm here in Vallejo as well. I just got some young pullets, nothing too exotic but you're welcome to take pictures if you want or I can send you some I've taken. Feel free to PM me.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom