Bay Area BYCers!

WE'RE HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best part of the trip was when I pulled down the passenger seat mirror, and in it I saw a baby chick on TOP of the brooder, instead of IN the brooder!
Apparently we decided to learn to fly (6 days old) ... in the car.

LOL

Terry, congrats!

OMG, they're 6 days old. In my mind, they're still 2! You promised pics
big_smile.png

Quote:
gig.gif

Pics! Pics!

that reminds me.... I SOOOOO owe you pics.
hide.gif

btw - your new roo needs to meet your flock.....BADLY!!

??? Is he acting up?
lol.png

The one here who's hormones are raging needs to get a clue before all my poor hens are naked or he's going bye-bye.
roll.png

I thought Ameraucana roos were supposed to be gentle with their girls? Maybe another roo will help since there are so many girls!

Did I hear somebody say pics? You know I'm a pic junkie!!!

Last edited:
Sunny, here's General Napoleon...(spending the day in the tractor with the big girls) It's not so much that he's acting up. He's great around the Orps, but he is completely infatuated with the Barnie's. He's practically drooling. But, they're too young for that kind of action. So, he pulls out feathers as he tries to convince them. He's such a dork. I can almost hear him crooning, "But I'm sooo beeeyooouuuutiful. Why don't you looooovvvve me?"
18671_pict4526.jpg
18671_pict4527.jpg
18671_pict4528.jpg

and here's some pics of the Barnies...
18671_pict4532.jpg
18671_pict4533.jpg
18671_pict4534.jpg
18671_pict4536.jpg
18671_pict4537.jpg
18671_pict4538.jpg
18671_pict4541.jpg
18671_pict4542.jpg
18671_pict4543.jpg

Last edited:
My babies are 13 weeks and the one 20 week old was a runt is a butterball shape...funny

This is Minnie - 20 wks
41441_dsc02572.jpg

These are the 13wk olds - I'm giving one away - they look identical

Don't be fooled about their size, they are nice medium size - they just happen to be sunbathing next to my hinkjc black orpington TANK named Oprah!
smile.png

41441_dsc02496.jpg

I feel like the Barnies have developed much slower than the Ameraucanas, but maybe that is because they are hatchery birds, and the Ameraucanas are breeder-stock roos (read: BIG). What do you think?

They might be comparable to the Buff Orps at that age. hard to say. They have had to put a lot of energy into re-growing the tail and saddle feathers that were picked clean when I got them. One has a decent tail now, but the other three are still playing catch up. Free ranging has done much for them, as they are too busy to pick on one another.

Two of them are pretty nice, with black hackle/neck feathers. The other two would be disqualified for brown on the neck the moment they got entered in a show. Sunny should take the two pretty ones, although one of those is the alpha feather-picker.
roll.png
(note to Sunny: take whichever ones you want, except don't take the alpha bird and the omega bird together. the omega bird would not be happy.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom