Bay Area BYCers!

Pmd you
smile.png

Jeremy thanks buffs are cute, but I'm kind of stuck on WH they seem to be the perfect duck for our location.

Why? Do you mean they're perfect for the Bay Area? I'm still researching duck breeds, I may end up with 2 different trios in different breeds. We've got a large creek running the length of our property, so we've got plenty of "natural habitat" for them.
lol.png
I've fallen in love with the Buffs, they're beautiful plumage is what got me first. Then reading more and more about them and their personalities, I think they'll definitely be in the line up for next spring.

The other breed I've looked into are Cayugas, I mean who wouldn't want eggs like this...

cayugaegg.jpg

I'm so glad I checked back in... I've been "away" for a long while now....

I have some welsh harlequin ducks (hatched 7/25-26) that I need to rehome. I got 8 eggs from Metzer's and hatched 6 ducks! What are the chances? I'm sad that there wasn't at least one drake. I wanted to see these girls as the good mothers they are supposed to be. They are not laying yet, but I'm sure that they are all female. If there were any drakes I'd be seeing the dark head, yellow bill and drake tailfeather.

There are 2 gold, 4 silvers.

I want to keep 4 of the six, so I'm willing to say bye to two (or maybe even three) of them. They will be less stressed if they go in a group. Please pm me if you are interested.

This picture of them was taken last month during their molt.

50329_dsc06383.jpg

I have :

6- Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks already vaccinated for Merricks will be 1 week old tomorrow. PM me if interested come from chicken scratch poultry

Quote:
Those eggs are something else, I got the nerve to go order earlier today and my luck metzer was out of WH for the last hatch date that goes with the Cayugas hatch, so I had to go with a later hatch. Buffs are gorgeous, I love their coloring also the bill color, they are very color co-ordinated. The buff probably would have been fine too, but the WH are supposed to be calmer and better layers, which is what we want since we cant have a whole lot of them here.
http://www.metzerfarms.com/DuckBreedComparison.cfm

Quote:
Those eggs are something else, I got the nerve to go order earlier today and my luck metzer was out of WH for the last hatch date that goes with the Cayugas hatch, so I had to go with a later hatch. Buffs are gorgeous, I love their coloring also the bill color, they are very color co-ordinated. The buff probably would have been fine too, but the WH are supposed to be calmer and better layers, which is what we want since we cant have a whole lot of them here.
http://www.metzerfarms.com/DuckBreedComparison.cfm

I was lucky enough to locate a breeder who raises Buffs, I'll be getting my initial stock from him.
smile.png
They're suppose to be gorgeous Buffs! I can't wait to see them in January.

Awww.... bummer! No worries; I'll figure something out. They're sweet and really funny, but every time the dogs start barking, they ALL join in with the very loud QUACK! QUACK! QUACK! I think it's cute but the neighbors are probably getting annoyed.
hmm.png
I can do with 3 or 4 of them going on like that but 6 in the 'burbs is just too many!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your duckies from Metzer's. They really are great pets.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom