Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
LOL, I doubt the In Laws will let me keep the Emus on the ranch Long enough to get eggs from them, lol.

Yea I have to admit, as much as I love my kids, their bringing home emus would be pushing it a bit.
lol.png

MIL said she would eat them if I had them here.... I told her she would get more money if she sold their eggs or chicks.... She just gave me the 'ol
roll.png
, then one of these
hmm.png
, then one of these
smack.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea I have to admit, as much as I love my kids, their bringing home emus would be pushing it a bit.
lol.png

MIL said she would eat them if I had them here.... I told her she would get more money if she sold their eggs or chicks.... She just gave me the 'ol
roll.png
, then one of these
hmm.png
, then one of these
smack.gif

lol-020.gif

Quote:
Cheryl is the Coronation a pullent or roo?
Norm in N.CA
caf.gif

P.S. of the little indian rivers lost 2 (not sure why) but the other are thriving. One is a little roo for sure! Should have got a couple of more... oh well

Coronation is a greenfire pullet large!

Oh man the indian rivers...hmmm well I gave kfchickenlady a ton of them maybe you can get a few from her?

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Kim, hi!
frow.gif

I don't know if you would be interested but I have Easter Egger hatching eggs available right now. My Delaware girls are the only birds laying any eggs around here and they are fertilized by my Blue Wheaten Ameraucana rooster. You would get some lovely, highly productive green egg layers out of the hatch. Lemme know and I can start collecting eggs for you.
smile.png

ETA: The pullets would look similar to this, with muffs, beards and a pea comb.

http://kippenjungle.nl/kipkiezer_bestanden/blauwgoudcolumbia.JPG

Thanks Jeremy,
I don't want any eggs until the very end of the month at least because I will be going away for a few days in the middle of the month. I think the colorful eggs are terrific, but since I can't actually keep any that I will hatch (I"m already over my legal limit) I'm not going to be too picky about what I end up hatching. It really is just for the experience for the kiddos. I will definitly keep you in mind if i can't get my hands on any for free though... what are you charging for your eggs?

Well, technically Easter Eggers are mutts... so I wouldn't charge you anything for them. These eggs are literally those that we eat for breakfast, if you would like some towards the end of the month for your kiddies to hatch and learn from, I would be more than happy to supply you with what you may need.
smile.png

woot.gif

I just collected 2 beautiful blue eggs from my Blue Wheaten girls!

I'm putting them in the incubator tonight before I go to bed.
smile.png

If the eggs are fertile, these chickies will be up for grabs, I believe Dawn has first dibs...

Last edited:
How exciting Jeremy my wellie started squatting for me too bad she has no man cuz those would be fun to hatch....I swear out of 4 of laying age the only one laying is my SLW who just hatched chicks in Dec. I'm gonna have to go out there with a soup pot and yell around...slackers....especially my colombian wyandotte she goes in there and runs her mouth and doesn't even lay
barnie.gif

Sorry just rambling around here at work the kids are in the shower so I'm sitting here eating cheddar bunnies and pretzels.
pop.gif

Quote:
Cheryl is the Coronation a pullent or roo?
Norm in N.CA
caf.gif

P.S. of the little indian rivers lost 2 (not sure why) but the other are thriving. One is a little roo for sure! Should have got a couple of more... oh well

Coronation is a greenfire pullet large!

Oh man the indian rivers...hmmm well I gave kfchickenlady a ton of them maybe you can get a few from her?

Well I really would not mind being in line for that Coronation.. Keep me in mind when you want to sell her. With the hatch rate I have going on right now, I will not be needing any more pure layer type chicks in the short term.
Norm

Back
Top Bottom