Bay Area BYCers!

Look at this new law that is being proposed in a New Jersey town:

http://www. mnn.com/family/pets/stories/new-jersey-town-to-limit-conjugal-visits-for-backyard-chickens

lol.png

Quote:
Debi, we typically use the three that are "closest" to us, there's not really anything that close where we are.
tongue.png

We go to Concord Feed, the main store in Pleasant Hill for feed. There's Mike's Feed in San Leandro, they had chicks the last time I was there and Close Feed & Supply in Hayward off of Industrial Blvd.

If you have any questions on your drive out to pick up your chicks just give me a ring!
big_smile.png

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS, Jeremy ....

Now, where's your roo???

See you soon, glad the fuzzies are here!

Neville made it here safe and sound this morning too. I actually picked up the chicks and my boy at the same time, at 6:15 this morning.

He's in a big pet carrier inside now, I probably won't move him outside for a day or two. I want to keep him away from the rest of the birds for now to observe him and make sure no illnesses rear their head due to shipping. I'm confident that Julie (Bamachicken) would not have sent me a sick bird but you can never be too careful. Plus I want to introduce him to the flock when the weather is a bit better.

I'll try and snap a few pictures this evening, he's much richer in color than Edmund was. He's got a lot more of the blue splash marks, I'm so happy with him!
celebrate.gif

Am I the only one who bought Lavenders? I only see 4.

If the chipmuck ones are Silvers, I've never seen them look like that. Maybe their the darker buff and ???

AWE Karen you always beat me!

Could have brought him out to you, but saturday is crazy for me and can't get to Cheryl.

Quote:
Wait, what's this about a $1000 chick?

ETA: Oh. Never mind. I got it. Cute pic btw!

She watched it hatch from her hen's egg. Then she said it was her's and noboy else's. Then she tried to sell it to me for $1000. That's her asking price. LOL

Hey all I was curious if anyone around the bay has any fertile welsummer eggs that I could stick under our unfertile broody welsummer? You see, just about the day we ordered a 1588 a hen went broody. Now that the incubator is freed up from the quail eggs it came with we now have yet, another broody... lol
We are lookin for a dozen or so if anyone can point us in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom