Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
From what I saw when I visited Luke's, he has an amazing price of property up in the Santa Cruz mountains! I'm sure some of your chickens would love it there.
smile.png

Quote:
YEAH NIFTY!

Cheryl if it comes to having to give them up I'll take a few, but hopefully we'll be able to help you save them.

And I've always wanted to live in Santa Cruz (my hangout since junior high!), and I know that area pretty good and could drive it if neccessary.

This is making me really want to find some cheapie property and make sure I don't have to give everything up. Been there, done that, not fun!

Maybe a NEWS spot????

Quote:
Thanks for some hope for Cheryl and for the rest of us ... we're all in shock !!!

Your offer of keeping the flock together is an important one ... thank you for your kindness, esp. when you're in the midst of moving yourself and preparing for your little one!

I'm willing to help with some donations !

We are more than happy to help, the whole reason we are moving to this property is so I can have chickens again. Already been hatching my babies. DH just kept laughing at me, because as we were walking around the property, I kept sayin "Hmm, this would be a good place for the coop, OOh or maybe over here." So if Cheryl has to rehome, and she choses for them to come here, They will have an amazing home.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for some hope for Cheryl and for the rest of us ... we're all in shock !!!

Your offer of keeping the flock together is an important one ... thank you for your kindness, esp. when you're in the midst of moving yourself and preparing for your little one!

We are more than happy to help, the whole reason we are moving to this property is so I can have chickens again. Already been hatching my babies. DH just kept laughing at me, because as we were walking around the property, I kept sayin "Hmm, this would be a good place for the coop, OOh or maybe over here." So if Cheryl has to rehome, and she choses for them to come here, They will have an amazing home.

I know they will!

Quote:

Once again, I'd help!!!!!! -raises hand high in the air and jumps up and down-

Just talked to DH, he said if someone can put us up for the night (because of the long drive there) we can come and help this weekend. He's great with a hammer etc. I'm great with coop design but my back kinda limits my usefullness with the labor end of things these days.
hmm.png
Unfortunately we need a place without indoor cats because of allergies but if someone can work around these obstacles we are set to come this weekend and help in any way we can! Just let us know!

You guys are amazing, I'm going to take my friends advice, Wynette, focus on what I have to do for my work presentation and then work on this tomorrow afternoon - I have a friend who has worked with the city on just this situation and he can't understand what this is about... so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow

Cheryl, I'm very saddened by this entire thing. It just doesn't seem fair. I wish there were something I could do to help. I will say though that it is very heartwarming to see the outpouring of support from this group. Hang in and it's going to work out.

Back
Top Bottom