Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Gosh, My grandaughter's group has 22 kids in it & meets about once a month or every other month.

Who is her leader? Is it the Rose family?

Since joining the one in Modesto we met once and that was because I kept on and on that my daughter needed to know what to do to for the upcoming show (that was at the Fairgrounds in March). We met for 20 min or so and that was it. They have never contacted me about any shows. I found out about the 4-H one because I went to JS West and saw the flyer. Anyway we are moving her to a larger group. I don't care if we need to drive farther to get there.

Hey Guys
frow.gif

So do any of you know where I can get approximately 30 standard size goat does, preferably already bred? I have an add on craigslist, but thought one of you may know a goat hoarder, LOL
lol.png

Quote:
Gosh, My grandaughter's group has 22 kids in it & meets about once a month or every other month.

Who is her leader? Is it the Rose family?

Since joining the one in Modesto we met once and that was because I kept on and on that my daughter needed to know what to do to for the upcoming show (that was at the Fairgrounds in March). We met for 20 min or so and that was it. They have never contacted me about any shows. I found out about the 4-H one because I went to JS West and saw the flyer. Anyway we are moving her to a larger group. I don't care if we need to drive farther to get there.

Steve Riggs is our leader. We meet at Raley's in the back room usually on the first Tuesday night of the month. I can give you his email if you want. I am my grand daughter's chicken buddy. My daughter is sooooooooooooooooo NOT into chickens & I aon the other hand am totally into "chickens"....LOL. We have had some miscommunication because I am not the parent & Olivia is so involved in other things too that we haven't had the "chicken time" together that I would like. Maybe with summer vacation coming it will be better but she is on the swim team & cheerleading squad so she stays pretty busy & "Va" (Me) & she get little time these days.....LOL

Quote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a tall order. There are several goat hoarders around here but I don't know that you could pry any off of them. Have you posted wanted ads in your feedstores???

Okay you local guys & gals,
I am on a hunt................... Like I need anymore chickens......LOL I like to have at least one egg in my carton that is a pure white Large egg for a nice contrast. Sooooooooooo????? I want high production, large size egg & a pretty chicken too. I have almost all Large Fowl Dual purpose birds with the exception of my Blue Andalusians (medium white egg) & my Silkies (bought them for broody hens but let them hatch out their own eggs too). I bought a few single comb light brown Leghorn pullets last summer & they do the job but I would like something prettier.
I have been researching & come up with:
Leghorns, if I get these I want fancy ones
Minorcas
Dorkings
Anconas
Mottled Javas?
I believe the chicken raisers know the real deal better than some of the info you get when researching so I am open for suggestions from your experiences.
So......................... Who has what out there where I could drive & pick up???????????? I will buy or trade hatching eggs or chicks:
I have purbred breeder stock in these breeds:

Black Copper Marans
Wheaten Marans
Heritage Delawares'
Light Sussex
Black Australorps
White soft feathered Silkies
Blue Andalusians
EEs light blue eggs only

Karen in Turlock

Karen in addition to the 2 mottled javas, I have mille fleur leghorns. I can't give any up yet, maybe 3-4 months from now once I see what I'll be culling from my program. The all look pretty good now, but there may a few imperfections as they feather in

Karen, you should contact Bridge Riddle out in Patterson. She raises lots of the Mediterranean white egg laying breeds and her birds are just gorgeous.

Quote:
Kelsey you need to come out to the auction here. Even if you don't find what you want there are lots of people who show up and I'm sure you'll find what you want.

Back
Top Bottom