Bay Area BYCers!

My EE has been sneezing off and on for the past month. But since she's laying and is active and happy, and not exhibiting any other symptoms, I assume it's just allergies or something. At least I hope so.

Glad your flock is on the mend, Bravo.

Thanks guys! What a scare. This past week has been such a nightmare. I've had birds from 3 wks old to 2 yrs old be affected by this and wanted to make 100% sure that what was going around was in no way contagious to other birds before I even considered rehoming the youngsters. Once everyone is back to 100% for a few weeks I'll start placing them because my backyard has seriously been overrun with chickens LOL.

Dedicateddourly, all, save the baby chicks, started showing signs of swollen, inflamed eye rims as the first symptom. My 10 week old pullets literally looked like they were POL. Then the next day it started to look more like swollen head syndrome except their eyes weren't being swollen shut. Then the rattly breathing started. the following day. If your girl isnt showing any of that it is just probably seasonal allergies.

I am determined to get to the bottom of this
smile.png

Hi everyone!

This may be a cross-post to some, as I'll also be posting it in the Northern California, Southern California, Central California and Sierra Foothills threads.

We're planning another BYC get-together at the state fair this year on Sunday, July 31, at the Fur & Feathers exhibit. Here's a link to the message with more details and info.

Please post in response to the original message on the link whether or not you'd like to come, so we kinda have an idea of how many will be there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6703222#p6703222

Hope to see you there!

Quote:
$22 each?

ETA: Wheaten is spelt with an "e", not an "o".

Spelt is a grain (related to wheat).

I would imagine wheaten is spelled with an e, not an o.

I mean, ya know, since we're correcting spelling here. LOL!
(Ducks and runs from Jeremy... laughing all the way....
hide.gif

Quote:
$22 each?

ETA: Wheaten is spelt with an "e", not an "o".

hide.gif

You know, after I hit "post reply" I reread the post and thought to myself, "Am I spelling that correctly?".
lol.png

Blame my haugtyness on the fact that I'm an English major and that I'm a stickler for the way folks spell Ameraucana (not Americana), as well as Wheaten (not Wheaton) and Lavender (not Lavendar)...

wink.png
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:

hide.gif

You know, after I hit "post reply" I reread the post and thought to myself, "Am I spelling that correctly?".
lol.png

Blame my haugtyness on the fact that I'm an English major and that I'm a stickler for the way folks spell Ameraucana (not Americana), as well as Wheaten (not Wheaton) and Lavender (not Lavendar)...

wink.png
tongue.png

Do you mean "haughtiness"?
lol.png

So... I'm gonna go have some coffee, I'll come back when I'm a bit more literate.
caf.gif

LOL.
tongue.png

*inserts foot into his mouth*.

Last edited:
Quote:
You do know that we all love you?! We're just having a little Sat AM fun with you! I've had more than my usual coffee and DH makes it strong so I'm going to blame my teasing on too much caffeine! (Now why does caffeine not follow the i before e except after c rule? Does the beginning letter c count?)

Back
Top Bottom