Bay Area BYCers!

Don't ask me why, I clearly kan't sp3ll.
hide.gif
gig.gif

ETA: Remember, I grew up and went to school in Texas... I'm trying now to undo all those years of "learning"...

Last edited:
Oh I learned a lot about Texas... but not about much else.
wink.png

My Coro fatties are doing good too, last night was their first night with momma Ameraucana, hopefully they do alright today.
fl.gif
I carried them out to the coop yesterday after dark and slipped them under her, I was expecting them to start peeping and run around but nope. Their litttle butts wiggled underneath big warm momma and I didn't even hear a peep! I didn't have time to check on them this morning (had to be at work by 5:45) so I'll check in with Carlos later to make sure they're okay.

This whole broody experience this year has really been great, next season I don't think I'll hatch a thing for myself in the bators!

Last edited:
Quote:
So Jeremy, you recommend the broody hens huh??? I have 3 Silky hens that LOVE to brood & was thinking of slipping some of my "other" eggs under them to see what they would do with them. The BCMs seem so hard to hatch in the incubator I thought maybe they would do a better job.
BTW I have a sweet customer that comes by to buy hatching eggs or chicks for his elderly uncle who lives alone out on a ranch in Hilmar. His uncle loves unusal birds & especially likes BLUES. He is looking for a Blue rooster for his uncle. Nothing special, just blue. He isn't even breed specific but does prefer clean legs & clean faced. Anyone out the have an extra rooster or cockerel that fits the bill??? All I have blue are Ameraucanas.
Karen in Turlock

Nature knows best, I'm convinced that broodies are the best way to go. I've had better hatch rates with them and rearing the chicks is as easy as making sure momma and babies have full feeders and clean water. She takes care of everything else.
big_smile.png

Hey, Steff! I just wanted to update you on our limping hen since you asked about her a couple of times. Her limp is almost gone.
yippiechickie.gif
I still don't know what the problem was but I'm thankful that it healed. I think that some of her slight limping now is habit that hopefully will go away.

Debi, that's great to hear!
smile.png

Cheryl, I can't get over there this morning. If the wood is still there on Monday, let me know the next time you are there, and I'll come get it.

I have two full hatchers going and one has the first pip.

Good vibes guys, I need some great hatches right now.

Going to bed and hope to wake up to lots of babies.

Back
Top Bottom