Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Wow - I just looked those up - $399 a pair? I would love to see how that conversation with my husband would go, since he already thinks I am hatching too many chickens. On the other hand, if those prices stay, it could be a profit making deal. How exactly would the partnership thing work?
wink.png

Quote:
Wow - I just looked those up - $399 a pair? I would love to see how that conversation with my husband would go, since he already thinks I am hatching too many chickens. On the other hand, if those prices stay, it could be a profit making deal. How exactly would the partnership thing work?
wink.png

FYI- If y'all go in on the order together and want to maybe make it a little less expensive I might be willing to buy into the project.

$400 a pair, plus $60 shipping (GF's standard rate) divided by 3, that's about $154 each. That's doable, IMO.

Just sayin'...
big_smile.png

Quote:
wink.png

FYI- If y'all go in on the order together and want to maybe make it a little less expensive I might be willing to buy into the project.

$400 a pair, plus $60 shipping (GF's standard rate) divided by 3, that's about $154 each. That's doable, IMO.

Just sayin'...
big_smile.png

I can't believe we are really thinking about this. Seriously - if there was ever evidence that raising chickens makes you crazy, this would be it! (and I work in mental health!)

Let's try not to judge!
smile.png

Being the owner of $1200+ buff laced brahmas! Yes psycho therapy is in order - but they are mighty pretty - expensive eye-candy

The roosters are starting to look like small ponies
smile.png

$154 is one thing, $1200 is an entirely different situation.

I want Jubilee Orpingtons very much but in NO way will I ever pay the $1000 per pair Greenfire Farms is asking for them. You have to consider, these are chickens we're talking about spending this money on.

$1000 is just short of being double what I pay every month in mortgage. I just can't fathom spending 2 mortgage payments on 2 chickens.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom