Bay Area BYCers!

Oh and we're getting ducks! There's no noise or any other ordinance against ducks in the city so I can keep as many as I want! I plan on keeping a small(ish) flock that we will use for egg production, meat (eventually... when I can actually build up the courage to process) and will be selling hatching eggs and ducklings in limited quantities. The plan is to use the duck eggs for eating and all of the eggs our chickens produce will be sold at farmer's markets here in the Bay Area.

Anyways, here's the ducks, they're Saxonies.

saxonymale.jpg

saxonyfemale.jpg

Quote:
We ate duck eggs regularly until I sold all mine. They are sought after my bakers. I always had people that wanted them but I blew out the eggs to decorate as Christmas ornaments & saved the raw scrambled eggs that I blew out in ziploc bags in the freezer. I still have a big basket of the blown out eggs that have been cleaned & dried.

Quote:
very interesting and very pricey, they don't say how old they are!

Greenfire farms sells them for $399 a pair!
ep.gif

Oh believe me, I know! I'm breeding the buff laced ones. I have a few of each color in my pens now and chicks hatching buff and gold almost daily now

Quote:
ep.gif

Oh believe me, I know! I'm breeding the buff laced ones. I have a few of each color in my pens now and chicks hatching buff and gold almost daily now

Cheryl, are there any BW pullets in either trio you have for sale?

Quote:

Cheryl, are there any BW pullets in either trio you have for sale?

I believe so, but I can check later today

Just heard CROWING in the back yard and caught this little 2 1/2 month old cockerel that is one from the trio, practicing his solo!! OMG so young. He's really developing fast and larger than the others. Gorgeous! IMO

He's in the garage now until he goes to his next home
sad.png
No crowing allowed in my neighborhood!

41441_wmhead.jpg

41441_wmbody.jpg

Quote:
ep.gif

Yah, when I saw them, I thought "I bet I could buy a Roo from Cheryl" But with Luke being so young, I think one project is enough, and I do love BLRW, so I will stick to them.

Quote:

Yah, when I saw them, I thought "I bet I could buy a Roo from Cheryl" But with Luke being so young, I think one project is enough, and I do love BLRW, so I will stick to them.

LOL I do have a gorgeous buff laced cockerel that Dan Powell-inventor of variety commented on how nice he is going to be!! about 2 months now

41441_brahasaurus.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom