Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Yeah....
sad.png

Bovie Vei -
I think I have at least two myself, Black, from Pips and Peeps. Even so, if yours is a splash rather than a light blue, I would take it. I really wanted a splash and did not get any out of my hatch, about the same age as yours. (11 weeks, born 7/3). If one of my blacks is a hen, I would even trade you for it, but I'm pretty sure both are boys and I want to keep my blue girls.

Well he is a splash, the feathers that are black are hard to see in the picture now. We think we're just going to use him to introduce our blue girl we got with him to the rest of our flock, so it really wouldn't need to be a swap. Just tell me if your interested and are willing to wait for 2-3 weeks!

Well yes, even though I'm sure I have excess roos, I'm just that kind of idiot so have to say yes. I have been trying to get a splash for ages.
While we are at it, any opinions on these - I think both these are roos, but maybe the second is a girl? And in the last photo, the one on the bottom left, is that a black or a dark blue?
30736_11wkams_018.jpg
[/img]
30736_11wkams_024.jpg
[/img]
30736_11wkams_015.jpg
[/img]

The second one looks a lot like a girl, the first one looks like a girl, but the comb is rather large, and the pullet in the left corner just looks dark blue like our other little baby!

Last edited:
Well, that is good news - I suspected she was blue but was not sure. I hope you are right about both my blacks, then I could keep them all as I am pretty sure all the blues are pullets. I have six in all - used to have 9 but I tried to integrate them with my 6 week older rocks too soon, one of which is a roo. I am pretty sure he killed those three - I wonder if it is likely they were the roos, and that is why he killed them. It seems unlikely all the other six would be pullets, otherwise. Any other opinions?

Quote:
Nothing fertile here unfortunately. The boys are on vacation.
sad.png

I think Cheryl was hatching Polish chicks, Buff Laced and Tolbunt.

Did you have any Tolbunt chicks hatch Cheryl?

Quote:
The Zoo does not allow pets of any kind into the park, that's unfortunate but still not a deal breaker for me. Like I mentioned before when chatting with Cheryl, hardly anyone brought chooks to last year's party so I don't see it being any reason to mark the Zoo of the list of potential sites.

As far as payment, a deposit is 50% of the rental fee and must be received, with a completed rental application, to hold the site we want. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the event. Reservations that are made less than two weeks in advance must pay in full at the time the reservation is made.

Quote:
Yes! This year's event will definitely be a potluck, last year's was a hit so I figure we could do the same thing again. We'll start a Google spreadsheet when more details are finalized so folks can start adding what they will be bringing to eat.

Quote:
Debi, I feel like our best bet is to shoot for a weekend in October, with the holidays looming just a few weeks away once we enter November I feel like folk's schedules will be even harder to organize.

That and the weather is just going to get cooler and cooler.

How does the weekend of October 15th work for everyone? Either that Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th?

Back
Top Bottom