Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
I will have to give that a try........ I make soups regularly & just made Portuguese soup yesterday. I make Chicken rice most frequently. It is so quick & easy & almost everyone loves it.
I will be using my chickens for the soup shortly because we are planning a processing day to get some of these loose chickens in the freezer. I have just been waiting to get some freezer space so have been trying to use up some of what I have stuffed in there. A whole beef takes up ALOT of freezer space & I have been trying use some up & to give away soup bones to make room.

What kind of Portuguese Soup? My Boss is from Brazil so for her birthday I made her some traditional soup.

My Portuguese soup is probably from the Azores, not Brazil, since that's where my ancestors hail from. It has lotsa sliced Linquica in a beef broth base with potatoes, carrots & lotsa chopped Kale. Vava put pink or pinto beans in hers too but I prefer not to. It is still my kids (ll grown now) favorite & my grand kids really like it too. I think it is all what you get used to.

Quote:
hugs.gif

Quote:
What kind of Portuguese Soup? My Boss is from Brazil so for her birthday I made her some traditional soup.

My Portuguese soup is probably from the Azores, not Brazil, since that's where my ancestors hail from. It has lotsa sliced Linquica in a beef broth base with potatoes, carrots & lotsa chopped Kale. Vava put pink or pinto beans in hers too but I prefer not to. It is still my kids (ll grown now) favorite & my grand kids really like it too. I think it is all what you get used to.

AH HAHAHA CAULDO VERDE..... I made that too!!

Thanks everyone. It's just not a good day. Trying to keep busy and answer the phone everytime my daughter calls. Just one of those days that doesn;t seem reall and we've had way too many of those.

While I was out I took a couple of pics. I'm trying to tear down the shoots I let grow from a stump that I think was a plum tree. Ziggy and the girls were hanging out and seeing what kind of goodies zi might had left. This is 5 minutes before he was put on timeout for jumping over and trying to fight with my new Game x Sumatra roo. He was just too persistant, so he's mad and pacing out there now. Can't catch the other, but one of the girls run in when I stuck him in the run.

44123_1108111230_0zig_and_the_girls.jpeg

I'm taking my old Game coop apart. It's open air and everything is up high, since my hens would lay on a shelf and the eggs would roll off, so Bill had put really high nesting boxes inside. It;s to short for me to walk into and I think I'm going to add a much better roof, bring the boxes way down and close in one of the 2 open sides. Well I get in there hunkered down and the youngsters followed me in. I could barely get out. They were all over it, so I grabbed a feed and put it inside and I think they are homsteading. I want to get it all cleaned up and get one of my Game roos and my hens in there, so I can get sometimed of lighting outside and get eggs. Lately it's just been where I put stuff till I can get to them to scrub out.

Cheryl, you can barely see her in the back right corner, but that's Rockette. I;ve tried introducing her to the other SPPRs, but other then Ziggy, she gets ponced on. The big blue bird near her is her buddy, Fat Chick. I'm not sure was she is. She's either a really bad AM with no muff, or she's a BBS Jersy Giant. I only got a couple of those to hatch and she was one of the cat attack chicks that made it. She's the one where I was right outside and a cat grabbed her and tried to drag her off. She had NO feathers on the back of her neck. There not even a visible scar, but the feathers never grew back in. Anyway. My oldest babies.

44123_babies_in_the_old_game_coop.jpeg

Now to go get my mind off things and see if I can chase them away so I can clean it out and plan.

Quote:
I won those cute little Cochins! It's great because I breed Cochins! They look so cute in my kitchen!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39184_cochin_win.jpg

Yeah I just bet they do Sarah & I had my eye on those too...........LOL. Your kitchen is the same colors as my new laundry room. My new washer & dryer are Graphite Steele so I am painting the laundry room two tones of gray & I pulled all the rooster decals out of the raffle prizes to use in my newly decorated room. I will have to take a picture when I finish painting......LOL

Quote:
I won those cute little Cochins! It's great because I breed Cochins! They look so cute in my kitchen!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39184_cochin_win.jpg

They are so cute in your kitchen and perfect for you!!! I was the one who donated them for the raffle and I had a hard time giving them up! We stopped at Marshalls on the way home from the chickenstock and picked up a medium sized red one with white polka dots. She is keeping watch over my computer until I find her a permanent place to live.
smile.png
They have some of them on amazon.com but they are over 3 times the price that I paid for them. They have lots of cute chicken things on amazon but some of them are waaaaay expensive. Look at these cute chickens:

55754_ceramicchickens.jpg

The only problem is that they are $76.68!!!!

Back
Top Bottom