Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
sorry I already took them
sad.png

Last edited:
City workers are doing creek clean up right now and my chickens all are wondering what is going on. There's a few guys down in the creek with chainsaws and such clearing debris and cutting back overgrown greenery in preparation for the wet weather. The creek gets pretty full when it starts raining, they do this kind of maintenance every year.

One of the guys poked his finger through the chainlink fence that separates our property from the creek, one of my ever curious Delawares ran right up to the fence and started to peck at his glove, he pulled his finger away laughing and turned to his coworkers gesturing towards the birds. They probably think we're crazy, having as many chickens as we do in the heart of Oakland.
smile.png

Hello Everyone,

I have 5 Blue laced red wyandottes available. They are about 3 months old. I think 4 are girls and 1 is a boy. These are chicks I hatched from Foley's birds that I received in the Spring of 2011.

I also have a Black Australorp approx. 5 month old rooster available. He is gorgeous with beautiful greenish "beetle-ing" making his feather shine in the sunlight. He is FREE as I can't keep roosters in my suburban backyard. (He is from Denny Thomas' stock in Paso Robles, via Karen in Turlock.) PS: Thanks for the eggs Karen!!

Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Khaki Sumatra eggs!

IMAG0296-1.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, I just snapped it real quick with my phone. These eggs are going in the incubator tonight around midnight.
big_smile.png

Happy Christmas to me!
wee.gif

Quote:
Yay, my BW girls from Jeremy also started laying this week. They're 27 weeks old. And the eggs are adorable!

These girls are a lot older than 27 weeks. They're 33 weeks, and I was starting to wonder if they were EVER gonna actually lay an egg! They've been singing the egg song with the other hens since at least September/October. I think with the shorter days, everybody's POL was delayed ... I have about 15 that should have started in the last 2 months & they are just now getting started because we started using a coop light two weeks ago. My white faced black Spanish that are 28 weeks finally started laying, and I didn't think they'd ever lay, either! The cockerels started engaging in mating activity with the girls back in September, and the girls started singing egg song back in September, but they never started laying until this week, either. Only one of our 11 WFBS pullets has started so far, though.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone, I feel so fortunate to count many of you as my friends. I'm so excited about 2012 and sharing my passion for chickens with all of you. Have a blessed and joyous day.

Back
Top Bottom