Bay Area BYCers!

First baby chicks. The house I moved into last year came with a coop and three hens in the backyard. They were amazing, but older and more recently became raccoon snacks
hit.gif

I'm determined to keep this flock happy and alive!

Oh no! Sorry about your hens. Nice to move somewhere that has a coop! Have you checked out all the coops on this site? There's a lot and most have some good ideas for protection against preditors.

I have gotten some great ideas from the coop section. Glad I have two months plus to make some changes to the coop and run. I have a picture on my profile page of my coop area.

Tried posting in the coop forum with pics, but my post never showed up. I think it's because I'm a newbie. The FAQ mentioned something about new member restrictions. Once I can post I hope I can get some feedback from the community on what to change.

You have 22 posts so you should be good. Keep messing with it. This new site acts up a bit still. I put picks up the day this one started up and then forgot for a few days how I did it. LOL I've got it down now. How did you try adding? Did you use the Insert Image button on the reply window or have you tried copy and paste?

Does anyone have any interest in Black or Blue Barred Rocks? They are good quality, from Halo on this site. I wanted blues, and did end up with blue hens, but the only surviving roo is Black Barred so any chicks will be 50% Black barred and 50% Blue barred. I love to hatch, but have no more room. If there is some local interest, I will hatch some and sell them for about $5.00 each.
I could hatch some BBS Ameraucanas from mostly Pips and Peeps stock too, if they would ever start laying!
hmm.png
I could also through in some guaranteed blue EEs - I have a splash Ameraucana roo over EE hens, the color chart says they will all be blue regardless of the color of the hens, which are the usual EE color (although one is hiding silver, got a silver EE last year)
Someone help me with this hatch addiction, before I have to build another coop!

Any BYCers living in San Francisco? I'm trying to find a good feed store in the city. I don't have a car so it must be in SF. Anyone know of other good resources for the urban chicken farmer?

Thanks guys
jake

Back
Top Bottom