Bay Area BYCers!

It finally stopped raining here so I took the opportunity to take a few pictures. My Choc babies are over a week old now, they're feathering in and are starting to look ugly.
lol.png
I still love them though!

The Chocolate.

Look at that little comb already growing, please let it be a boy!
fl.gif

The Black chick, if it's a cockerel it will be split to Chocolate.

This one's comb seems to be a bit bigger too... and kind of pink. I also see wattles!!! Do y'all see it?

First one is iffy yet, but I bet the other 2 are boys.

Whatcha talkin' bout stopped raining? Sheesh, we're getting dumped on. I'm about ready to build an ark. Supposed to turn to snow tomorrow - please no.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone on this thread raise ostriches or emus, or know anyone that does? I have a brand new, never opened bag of King Ratite feed that I would be happy to offer up in exchange for a few fabulous ratite feathers that my kittens can play with. Thanks!

First one is iffy yet, but I bet the other 2 are boys.

Whatcha talkin' bout stopped raining? Sheesh, we're getting dumped on. I'm about ready to build an ark. Supposed to turn to snow tomorrow - please no.
fl.gif

Kelly, it must be true if you say so! Will you starting wishing that both of them are cockerels for me?
big_smile.png

UGH, the rain has started here again. I am SO tired of it. Everything is wet. Everything.

Does anyone on this thread raise ostriches or emus, or know anyone that does? I have a brand new, never opened bag of King Ratite feed that I would be happy to offer up in exchange for a few fabulous ratite feathers that my kittens can play with. Thanks!

The Sheriff (Mary) has emus.

Does anyone have a Sportsman or Dickeys incubator for sale? I need a new incubator.

I shared this on the California thread but wanted to share here as well. I just listed some of my bantam polish hatching eggs.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/639208/show-quality-bantam-polish-hatching-eggs

Oh and KIm I have 4 of those game bird eggs for you so far. I hope I get 1 or 2 more by Sunday. You are welcome at any time to come get eggs if these don't work out the 1st time. I am not going to incubate them. I'll bring them Sunday. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom