Bay Area BYCers!

Well let me give you the address and just call me when you're done!
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

Cheryl,
It's hard to know the layout of the ground by just a drawing but I do agree with Walt. How about moving the feed bins to the back & continuing the pens down that right side with all the doors opening to the alley? I used to have a pen within a pen but it was a pain in B.... I am always switching pens around & like to make them multi purpose, not just designed for one particular arrangement that may change down the road.Of course that is pretty easy to do when all my pens are made with chainlink panels that can be disassembled & reassembled in minutes.
I don't know when Clayton is. Is this a covered area or open ground?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I moved things around and think this may be better...I've put the feed bins outside and they should be fine there. The area will be completely enclosed in hardware cloth and covered with a metal corrugated roof. Completely dry inside and yet plenty of sunshine will pour in

What do you guys think? better?

Last edited:
I think you will like this layout better. Mine are all open to the sunshine & air on all sides but have covers on all of them. Will the 2 pens at the back on the left be subject to flooding in the rains being at the bottom of the sloped area? I have problems with my one back pen flooding only during the rain & it's a mess. Aaron & I are thinking up a raised floor idea for just that 6' by 18' pen.
How far away did you say this is from you?????

it's about 25-30 mins from my house.

all the pens will be open to air and sun, only hardware cloth around the pens and no there are no run off problems. The area has about an inch of nice small rock that we are going to sweep into the path and the dirt underneath is amazingly soft and nice. Of course there will be dust bathes in all the pens but they will really love this dirt!

Cheryl,
I like the new layout .. will you be having a water supply/faucet nearby, or can you run a pipe w/ automatic watering system to the coops? And a "holding place" for your compost pile nearby? Just some thoughts, as sometimes carrying buckets of water can be a hassle, same w/ raking up the poops and then moving them by shovels, buckets, etc.
We'll need an Open House to "Omelet Outlet" when everything is settled in
love.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions, I moved things around and think this may be better...I've put the feed bins outside and they should be fine there. The area will be completely enclosed in hardware cloth and covered with a metal corrugated roof. Completely dry inside and yet plenty of sunshine will pour in

What do you guys think? better?
Looks great!

Back
Top Bottom