Bay Area BYCers!

I actually have one of my Blue Andalusians broody! She's my first Andy ever to go broody while the Cochins don't want to sit on any eggs. Mixed up girls this year.

Hi Steph,
Happy Summer Vacation time for you yet??
wee.gif
Hi Daphne,
I don't start summer vacation until June 15th. Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!

I put up a Free Hatching Egg Give-A-Way (Look for button) on our Die Fly Ranch Facebook page. Simply "Like" and submit your email address to be entered to win 12 BLRW hatching eggs. Good luck!

Hi all..

I'm a first timer who lives in the Richmond / El Sobrante area. I'm coop is being installed next week...and my 4 mail order chicks arrive the next week. I'm quite excited! (and a bit scared).
smile.png

There is a little feed store in San Pablo called El Granero that seems to have a good assortment of things and a lot of chicks. Note..if you try and call the phone number on their website...it doesn't work...which confused me at first. n They were very nice and everyone in the store (staff and customers) were chming in with their suggestions and trying to help me. (they could tell I was a beginniner).

Nice to meet you all...and I'll post pics when I have them!

Julie

Hi all..

I'm a first timer who lives in the Richmond / El Sobrante area. I'm coop is being installed next week...and my 4 mail order chicks arrive the next week. I'm quite excited! (and a bit scared).
smile.png

There is a little feed store in San Pablo called El Granero that seems to have a good assortment of things and a lot of chicks. Note..if you try and call the phone number on their website...it doesn't work...which confused me at first. n They were very nice and everyone in the store (staff and customers) were chming in with their suggestions and trying to help me. (they could tell I was a beginniner).

Nice to meet you all...and I'll post pics when I have them!

Julie
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

I'm Kim. I live in Modesto now, but from the Bay.

So where are you getting your chicks from and what breeds did you order?

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

I'm Kim. I live in Modesto now, but from the Bay.

So where are you getting your chicks from and what breeds did you order?
Hi Kim!

A friend of mine in Oakland recommended Meyer Hatchery (www.meyerhatchery.com). I've never used them before, but she was very happy with her chickens from there. I ordered four female chicks from different breeds based on what was available to ship out at the same time...and also trying to get ones that were supposed to be less flighty/tempermental since I'm a beginner. Hope I picked well.......

Black Australorp
Barred (Plymouth) Rock
Columbian Wyandotte
Speckled Sussex

I'm getting a coop from www.laughingchickens.com , which is also local to the Bay Area. Here's a picture of one that's similar to the one I'll have:

--Julie

Great! Sounds like you'll know chicken math soon. LOL

I've posted in the CA thread about my new babies. Well, there are 3 whoopie, quail that just hatched too, but I have tiny Lionheads. She had 2 black and 2 what I'm sure with be white, but I lost both blacks.
sad.png
They're just starting to fur and I'm nervously waiting to see if they are double maned. Most in the peds are, but there are a few singles and I reeeeeealy want those doubles. I have no white rabbits, but always getting asked for them. If they're doubles I'll keep at least one whether buck or doe, but it would be so cool is they are both does. Thing is my luck with rabbits has been a lot like my birds. There's testosterone running rampid at my place.

Back
Top Bottom